Did Caribbean Princess bypass Roatan

Cosmos

One thing that frustrated me was why, after missing Roatan on Tuesday 1/8, the boat couldn't have gone back to Roatan on Thursday, 1/10?

I'm sure there's some kind of rational logistical reason, but it was disappointing not to stop in SOME port on that Thursday to make up for what was lost ... :(

Probably because it takes 2 1/2 sea days to get back to Houston and they did not have enough time. When ships leave Galveston/Houston, it takes them that day plus two sea days to get down there.

We were on another cruiseline out of Galveston last month with Roatan being our first port of call. We left port Sunday and arrived in Roatan on Wednesday, followed each day by Belize and Cozumel before spending a day at sea on the way back. Luckily (thank you mother nature) we had a mostly uneventful cruise. A couple years ago on the same ship, port and itinerary we had to deal with Noro although none of us got sick. Luck of the draw I think.

I guess they are missing Cozumel this week. The bridgecam shows them headed for Roatan. I assume this us because they departed almost 6 hours late yesterday.

Perhaps they are going to Roatan first, then Belize and finally back to Cozumel. This was the port order of this itinerary when we sailed on the Crown Princess in March of 2013 out of Galveston. I hope the weather settles down as we are booked on this cruise 1st of February.

One thing that frustrated me was why, after missing Roatan on Tuesday 1/8, the boat couldn't have gone back to Roatan on Thursday, 1/10?

I'm sure there's some kind of rational logistical reason, but it was disappointing not to stop in SOME port on that Thursday to make up for what was lost ... :(

Remember that there are other cruise ships out there. And schedules are based on what other ships are involved where and when. So sometimes they just can't change certain parts of the itinerary. If everyone just hit ports willy nilly the added traffic at some ports would be too much to contain.

Edited by eandj

Remember that there are other cruise ships out there. And schedules are based on what other ships are involved where and when. So sometimes they just can't change certain parts of the itinerary. If everyone just hit ports willy nilly the added traffic at some ports would be too much to contain.

And the shore excursion vendors may not be able to provide the excursions when a ship is rescheduled for another day.