Why Is It So Difficult

Nikkimouse76

to book connecting cabins online :mad:? I was really hoping to do this on my own through Carnival's site, but I just can't seem to make it work. Not to mention the connecting cabins selection seem to be few and far between, but I am guessing that is intentional :rolleyes:.

I was looking at this. When you go to select cabins there will be two choices "Have carnival pick the best selections for you (Recommended)" Or "Chose your own cabins." Do the have carnival select for you. This will show you different ways to have connecting cabins. Such as ones with doors, two balconies next to each other. or balcony with interior across the hall. Those are just examples

I have tried and tried, I just can't seem to make it work :confused:. Do any of you have a specific person at Carnival that you like to deal with when you book over the phone? Thanks so much!

Can't recommend a specific person (against Cruise Critic guidelines) but your best bet is indeed to talk to a live person.

While other cruise line websites are phenomenal for booking connecting cabins (ahem! Royal Caribbean), Carnival's site is not the best for this task. Hard to find and book them and hard to get the bookings tied together in the system.

Edited by Tapi

to book connecting cabins online :mad:? I was really hoping to do this on my own through Carnival's site, but I just can't seem to make it work. Not to mention the connecting cabins selection seem to be few and far between, but I am guessing that is intentional :rolleyes:.

on our 2010 cruise I always use my PVP and when I was giving her the room #'s she said wouldn't you like a connecting cabin I said yeah but couldn't get them when looking. she said she can do it. :)

so that's the way to go.. through the PVP

The other way to do it is pull up a deck plan on the rooms that are available. That should show the connecting rooms. If not then call Carnival they can do it for you quickkly. It does not cost you more callig Carnival.

We always book two connecting cabins and always with " live person" either with Carnival PVP or customer service with NCL or RCCL. I usually get two separate confirmations as well. I call, she/he puts two cabins on hold while I give info for the first cabin. If you do on-line, it's possible while you booking your first cabin, second would be booked by someone else.