Disney Bus Transfer, Is Luggage Safe?

SydneyD'Augstralia

Hello

So many choices for transfers from MCO to PC.....maybe the Magic bus is the best way. I understand they collect the bags from the baggage claim and put them on the bus and you next see them at your stateroom.

Has anyone ever experienced any problems with luggage not making it to the ship? Are they dependable? Will I be able to see my bags on the carousel and then put onto the bus? What is the setup at MCO...kiosk at he terminal...on your own to find the bus...?

Having been without clothing due to missing bags more than once, I need reassurance.

If you have used this service, please share, I really appreciate it.:o

Sydney

Hello

So many choices for transfers from MCO to PC.....maybe the Magic bus is the best way. I understand they collect the bags from the baggage claim and put them on the bus and you next see them at your stateroom.

Has anyone ever experienced any problems with luggage not making it to the ship? Are they dependable? Will I be able to see my bags on the carousel and then put onto the bus? What is the setup at MCO...kiosk at he terminal...on your own to find the bus...?

Having been without clothing due to missing bags more than once' date=' I need reassurance.

Sydney[/quote']

It's my understanding that the airport baggage handlers (from plane to terminal) hand over the bags with the DCL luggage tags on them to DCL transportation handlers. They are taken to the ship by truck, possibly arriving earlier or later than you might be arriving at the ship. They will show up at your room onboard the ship, generally by late afternoon/early evening. But it could be later, or earlier.

Once you land at MCO, if you are using the DCL transfer service, you will make your way to the DCL transfer desk (same counter as the Magical Express - different people). That's where you check in for the transfer and are directed to a bus. The busses depart as they fill, or every 20 minutes, whichever occurs first.

I've only read of 1 instance that the bags didn't make it onto the ship in the last 5 years that I've been following these boards. Perhaps there were others, but I wouldn't really worry about it.

We used the transfers from the WDW resort to port, as well as from the airport to port (in Barcelona) and had no problems whatsoever.

Your only real concern is if the airline doesn't get your luggage to Orlando.

Several years ago the system changed so that if you have Disney tags on your luggage, it never goes to a baggage carousel at MCO (this eliminates the possibility of some idiot taking your bag by mistake). All Disney tagged bags go directly to Disney. They are then directed to the parks, the ship, etc.

I've never heard of a missing bag except where the airline lost it. I did hear of a lady who didn't have her bags claimed at the Hyatt MCO (the system has since been tweaked to prevent this), and I had a bag that was claimed by an ignorant so-and-so at MCO who didn't know how to read a luggage tag. 3 days later she took my bag back to the airport and it ultimately got to me. Again, system has been changed, won't happen now.

Hello

Having been without clothing due to missing bags more than once' date=' I need reassurance.

Sydney[/quote']

We have lost bags b/4

I would claim your bags @ the carousel in Orlando

That way you know that your bags got there

STUR DAYTON, OHIO

We have lost bags b/4

I would claim your bags @ the carousel in Orlando

That way you know that your bags got there

STUR DAYTON, OHIO

This is where the problem can come in. If your bag doesn't get off the same plane that you do, it can't get to Disney. You can have a situation where the airline insists that the bag got there and Disney says they never got it. Frankly, I believe Disney after we had a bag go to Equador!

Your "safety," although it is more work is to NOT put the Disney tags on the bags before you leave home, but take them with you. Claim your own bags at the luggage carousel and wheel them to the Welcome Center. The kicker with this is that if some other passenger grabs your bag and you don't see it happen, you are out of luck!

No system is totally fool proof.

We have used the Disney transfer bus for both a cruise and for WDW. Never had a problem and loved using them and will continue to in the future. They get your bags straight from the plane. Your luggage never enters the baggage claim area in the airport. You meet the bus at the meet and greet area assigned and your on your way. On our cruise, this service also included the cruise ship checking us in for our return flight home and checking our luggage. We put them out the door of the stateroom and did not see them again until we claimed them at the airport at home.

On our cruise, this service also included the cruise ship checking us in for our return flight home and checking our luggage. We put them out the door of the stateroom and did not see them again until we claimed them at the airport at home.

This is the onboard check in service. You Must be on a "participating airline" with a flight leaving within specified times to use this service. It is not a matter of what cruise you are on, it is applicable to any cruise coming into Port Canaveral provided you meet the airline regulations. Southwest is NOT a participating airline. Most of the other major ones are participating.

This is the onboard check in service. You Must be on a "participating airline" with a flight leaving within specified times to use this service. It is not a matter of what cruise you are on' date=' it is applicable to any cruise coming into Port Canaveral provided you meet the airline regulations. Southwest is NOT a participating airline. Most of the other major ones are participating.[/quote']

True, it must be a participating airline. We used US Air and our flight was at 2:00pm. At embarkment when we were at the terminal the woman checking us in asked if we wanted them to check us in for our flight home since this service was included since we purchased the transfer service. We were thrilled since we loved not having to wait in that long line with our luggage and just go straight to security.

ONBOARD AIRLINE CHECKIN

Available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Northwest Airlines, United/Ted Airlines and US Airways it's the perfect ending to a magical cruise vacation! Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 11:25 a.m. on the day your cruise ends. Guests are limited to two bags per person and each piece must not exceed 50 lbs. Additionally, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and unable to use this service.