Crown and Anchor Gold this second trip: will I notice any difference?

My husband and I took the family on a Holiday cruise a year ago on Liberty of the Seas. Loved it so much that we're headed back in Feb. - this time just the two of us.

Now that we're official Crown and Anchor members, I am wondering if the 'gold' status really means anything, and if we will notice any level of service change? I see from the 'member benefits' list what the specifics are, with lots of little footnotes like 'subject to availability' etc.

I'd love to hear from another recent second-timer to hear their experience and if it differed any -thanks a bunch.

My husband and I took the family on a Holiday cruise a year ago on Liberty of the Seas. Loved it so much that we're headed back in Feb. - this time just the two of us.

Now that we're official Crown and Anchor members, I am wondering if the 'gold' status really means anything, and if we will notice any level of service change? I see from the 'member benefits' list what the specifics are, with lots of little footnotes like 'subject to availability' etc.

I'd love to hear from another recent second-timer to hear their experience and if it differed any -thanks a bunch.

Priority check in & the discounts are about it.

As for the discounts, just be strategic with them since they're loaded on each of your individual cards. For example if your DH drinks beer & you like wine then make sure to order using each of your cards for your desired drink. And to order the two for one beer you have to order two beers at the same time.

You will also get invited to the repeater's party, where they will serve a few different kinds of free drinks, and sometimes some snacks.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you could access "gold card" reserved areas - like we thought first up! That is a card issued for Suite guests and it is gold in colour, not a standard card with gold printed on it.

The priority boarding was something we didn't realise at first either. Researching on this site is well worth it!

I am the same, 2nd cruise.

Could someone please explain the Priority Check in. Does that mean we can board whenever, through a faster line? :)

Priority check-in means you can get into a theoretically faster line to get your SeaPass card. Sometimes the priority lines are faster, sometimes not.

Answering the part of the OP's question of "will I notice any level of service change?" the answer is no. My experience has been that the crew doesn't differentiate their service base on your C&A level.

This statement is correct…….I am diamond ….no difference in service level nor do I expect any……………….