Wish HAL's Spa Staterooms would have same perks as Carnival

djhsolara

We're cruising on Carnival Splendor this Sunday and we just upgraded to a Spa Balcony. Included in this is unlimited used of the Thasso Pool and Thermal Suite. We've been in a Spa Balcony on Eurodam with basically no perks. I wish HAL would offer these same perks...it's not like we're paying any more on Carnival than we would on HAL (actually is was less).

I really don't understand why HAL even calls them Spa Staterooms...other than decor (and the few other perks that are not really even related to the actual spa) they are no different than other staterooms.

Sent from my iPad

I think somewhere in the initial design stages, the spa cabins were supposed to include the Thermal suite and pool. That's why on the Eurodam there is/was a circular staircase directly from the spa stateroom deck right into the thermal pool area.

Then somehow, they changed their mind about including this benefit and did not add the staircase to Nieuw Amsterdam.

We also heard that they will be (or have) taken the staircase away on Eurodam.

Seems like that idea was a bit of a flop.

Maybe the designers and money crunchers will get together on the next ship design.

I think somewhere in the initial design stages, the spa cabins were supposed to include the Thermal suite and pool. That's why on the Eurodam there is/was a circular staircase directly from the spa stateroom deck right into the thermal pool area.

Then somehow, they changed their mind about including this benefit and did not add the staircase to Nieuw Amsterdam.

Maybe the designers and money crunchers will get together on the next ship design.

Thanks Ovgirl. I didn't know this about the Edam. We will be on her next month and we have one of those rooms on deck 10 and we booked the thermal suite package for 14 days. It will be nice to use that staircase.

In the beginning I know people in Spa staterooms could use the staircase (because we saw it happen). It was still there but roped off last year when we were on Eurodam, however when we went up to the next floor, there is no evidence of where it would have come out.

I mean, really? Honestly on this upcoming sailing...we were reserved in an oceanview and upsold to a spa balcony for just $299. We would have already been paying $200-something for the Thermal Suite package, so this was a no-brainier for us.

Sent from my iPad

Thanks Ovgirl. I didn't know this about the Edam. We will be on her next month and we have one of those rooms on deck 10 and we booked the thermal suite package for 14 days. It will be nice to use that staircase.

Unless something has changed, you won't be using that staircase (if it is still even there).

Sent from my iPad

We're cruising on Carnival Splendor this Sunday and we just upgraded to a Spa Balcony. Included in this is unlimited used of the Thasso Pool and Thermal Suite. We've been in a Spa Balcony on Eurodam with basically no perks. I wish HAL would offer these same perks...it's not like we're paying any more on Carnival than we would on HAL (actually is was less).

I really don't understand why HAL even calls them Spa Staterooms...other than decor (and the few other perks that are not really even related to the actual spa) they are no different than other staterooms.

Sent from my iPad

If HAL offers these perks, passengers from other cabin categories will have problems getting Hydropool & Thermal Suite passes. This is something I don't want to happen as I never miss the Hydropool but don't want to book "spa" cabin.

Another thing: the quality of the Hydropool on the Eurodam vs Splendor subclass ships.

The one on the Eurodam is a proper original design.

The one on the Spendor is an afterthought added to the existing design.

The Hydropool on the Eurodam is larger, deeper and has stronger jets.

Edited by cruisetrail

If HAL offers these perks, passengers from other cabin categories will have problems getting Hydropool & Thermal Suite passes. This is something I don't want to happen as I never miss the Hydropool but don't want to book "spa" cabin.

Another thing: the quality of the Hydropool on the Eurodam vs Splendor subclass ships.

Thanks for explaining this cruisetrail about the Hydropool on Edam. I like to ask you a side question , if you have used the Hydropool on the Noordam and is it worth it ? is it an after thought Hydropool ?

Edited by Thebes

Not an afterthought. It was put in to match its sisters in Costa. Likely splendor was originally going to be a Costa ship. That's why it's a one off

Thanks for explaining this cruisetrail about the Hydropool on Edam. I like to ask you a side question , if you have used the Hydropool on the Noordam and is it worth it ? is it an after thought Hydropool ?

Anyone tried thermal suite on Noordam & Eurodam please tell us the difference if any ! Thank you :)

Anyone tried thermal suite on Noordam & Eurodam please tell us the difference if any ! Thank you :)

They're essentially the same. All the Vista/Signature class thermal suite areas are pretty much alike.

While I'm answering, I have wondered if you come back and read all the replies to your questions. I have answered a few of them lately, but haven't seen any acknowledgement to know that you saw the answers.

I hope those answers, along with this, have been helpful.

Not an afterthought. It was put in to match its sisters in Costa. Likely splendor was originally going to be a Costa ship. That's why it's a one off

It's an afterthought because it was not a part of the original design (Destiny class).

The one on the Splendor and those on Costa are afterthoughts.

As you add such a serious piece equipment to the existing design you have to deal with limitations of the existing design.

They're essentially the same. All the Vista/Signature class thermal suite areas are pretty much alike.

While I'm answering, I have wondered if you come back and read all the replies to your questions. I have answered a few of them lately, but haven't seen any acknowledgement to know that you saw the answers.

I hope those answers, along with this, have been helpful.

Thank you RuthC. I always come back and read responses esp from wonderful well experienced cruisers like yourself :)

Edited by Thebes

Ruth, I actually think this young man likes to see his name in print and wants to increase his number of posts with his so many questions and thank yous. There are several people that do this and it drives me nuts.:rolleyes:

I think he posts a lot because this is his first cruise and it's for 14 days. He wants to make sure he is well versed about the ship, the ports, the excursions, etc. I can't wait to see his review when he returns from his cruise (hint, hint Thebes). He has asked so many questions that I hope we didn't forget to tell him something. :eek:

Thank you RuthC. I always come back and read responses esp from wonderful well experienced cruisers like yourself :)

You're reading me wrong here. I wasn't looking for gratitude so much as I was trying to tell you that there are a couple of questions you asked about that were answered and I don't know if you ever saw them.

You're reading me wrong here. I wasn't looking for gratitude so much as I was trying to tell you that there are a couple of questions you asked about that were answered and I don't know if you ever saw them.

I know you're not looking for gratitude. Thanks much :)

Edited by Thebes