Thomson Staff - please read

I really can't be bothered Little Nell. Thomson may be able to delude themselves but they won't persuade me. They should ask for a copy of the evening menus from the TA and compare it with those of 10 months earlier. I only wish I'd photographed them!

Kruzseeka you seem a bit down:(, and we can't have that. May I suggest an avatar;):cool: they're totally free, and you can't say that much about anything these days.Especially on this forum:rolleyes:.

Kruzseeka you seem a bit down:(, and we can't have that. May I suggest an avatar;):cool: they're totally free, and you can't say that much about anything these days.Especially on this forum:rolleyes:.

I'm sorry happy v I don't understand the advice you are giving me - perhaps it's my age!! I'm not up with all the intrigue I think! :confused:B ut thanks for your concern. :)

My immediate reaction to you saying I sound a bit down was - 'no, it's just disappointment' but actually as I think about it I suppose I am a bit. We've always loved all our Thomson cruises - sometimes certain aspects have been better on one ship or another and any comments I have made have been of a comparative nature but always in the context of being very happy with the overall experience and always thinking our next cruise would be with Thomson.

And why I feel a bit down is because unless Thomson do improve the quality of the evening meal I think it's more likely we will be defecting and I really don't want to - but we've both come home thinking Thomson are selling us short. And that doesn't sit well with me. That's not to say we didn't enjoy our last cruise - we did and we ate well enough but there was a noticeable absence of lots of dishes which we would normally expect to have. I cannot accept that there haven't been cuts to the budget for the evening meal - no steaks, lamb shanks, and roast beef only once in 22 nights. I looked at our P&O menus from June and they are just so different - steaks 8 times, lamb 5 times in two weeks - and plenty of vegetables too.

If we don't flag it up when we think things are not as good as we expect (and have been on our previous 20+ Thomson cruises) then it's unlikely improvements will be made.

I truly hope they see the red light and sort this situation - for all our sakes.

Kruzseeka I honestly can sense your dissapointment and I totally agree with you bringing the issue to Thomsons attention so hopefully it can be resolved quickly. Which will be of benefit to everyone with cruises booked but also to Thomsons themselves. I do hope the reviews start to improve soon so you can get back on track and start planning.;)

The avatar refers to the other thread "how to get rid of a countdown clock" and it was just me trying to lighten the mood.:)

I'm sorry happy v I don't understand the advice you are giving me - perhaps it's my age!! I'm not up with all the intrigue I think! :confused:B ut thanks for your concern. :)

My immediate reaction to you saying I sound a bit down was - 'no, it's just disappointment' but actually as I think about it I suppose I am a bit. We've always loved all our Thomson cruises - sometimes certain aspects have been better on one ship or another and any comments I have made have been of a comparative nature but always in the context of being very happy with the overall experience and always thinking our next cruise would be with Thomson.

And why I feel a bit down is because unless Thomson do improve the quality of the evening meal I think it's more likely we will be defecting and I really don't want to - but we've both come home thinking Thomson are selling us short. And that doesn't sit well with me. That's not to say we didn't enjoy our last cruise - we did and we ate well enough but there was a noticeable absence of lots of dishes which we would normally expect to have. I cannot accept that there haven't been cuts to the budget for the evening meal - no steaks, lamb shanks, and roast beef only once in 22 nights. I looked at our P&O menus from June and they are just so different - steaks 8 times, lamb 5 times in two weeks - and plenty of vegetables too.

If we don't flag it up when we think things are not as good as we expect (and have been on our previous 20+ Thomson cruises) then it's unlikely improvements will be made.

I truly hope they see the red light and sort this situation - for all our sakes.

It's very sad to read this Kruzseeka, but I echo your points entirely, and I'm also thinking this year of going elsewhere. The fact is, I've been loyal to Thomson for over 10 years, but I've not received any thanks for this. And standards are dropping significantly now. It's such a shame as they do so many things right, but they really are two extremes.

Been reading your comments on this forum now for many years, and you know that when a loyal, passionate Thomson cruiser like yourself is looking elsewhere, things are definitely wrong!

The only hope I have is that the new boss that's coming in will change things around. We will see...

I can't remember who it was (sorry :o) but someone said about them trying to get revenue for three ships from two ships this winter with no Red Sea cruises, and I think they could be, and if they are, they're going to annoy many by doing so.

so sorry you are feeling disillusioned kruzsee....chin up, don’t give up hope...it might be a blip....there is still a lot to like about thoms...the itineraries/the happy village of fellow cruisers/the seamless flying....some things have improved on thoms...something’s haven’t....they are just trying to move with the times/other lines....but just haven’t thought some things out properly (ie the booze confiscations) they try things out...it doest work...they learn (we hope)

lets get a bit more proactive about the food/customer satisfaction scores issue guys, hopefully it will make us all feel better/confident

i know some have been on face book (which thoms just play lip service too) i think i might like to write to them for re assurance, i have been digging for information

ok thoms?...why dont you publish these 'customer satisfaction scores' that you quote so often? or at least give us a clue as to where they can be found...and scrutinised...then we might believe you......or...could we find the scores ourselves somewhere?

thoms?....have you actually looked at he most recent scores from the t/a xmas & n/y? this is where the decline has been most noticed

and if so...what have the scores for the food quality been recently?

thoms?...why dont you publish some of your evening mdr menus...for scrutiny....surely you can email the head chef cant you?

thoms?...you once said you were 'getting on board with us' ....come on then

Kruzseeka, you can have one of the ducks if it would cheer you up.....

Seriously, I know what you mean about defecting.

I can do Ventura on a nice itinerary not unlike the majesty one for £500 each less.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

Kruzseeka I honestly can sense your dissapointment and I totally agree with you bringing the issue to Thomsons attention so hopefully it can be resolved quickly. Which will be of benefit to everyone with cruises booked but also to Thomsons themselves. I do hope the reviews start to improve soon so you can get back on track and start planning.;)

The avatar refers to the other thread "how to get rid of a countdown clock" and it was just me trying to lighten the mood.:)

Thanks happy v - I understand now. :) And I've read the thread and it is a lovely bit of light relief! Might even begin to investigate the mysteries of getting an avatar! ;)

happy v, geo, sailaway and joe - thanks all for your supportive comments. It's really become a bit of a hornet's nest and that wasn't my intention. And to put it in context, things aren't bad - just nowhere near as good in the mdr imo. I just want Thomson to put it right and worse still not let things slide even further. :rolleyes:

But I still love the Dream - and the crew on all the ships!

" Hi all, We’re sorry you’ve been concerned by some reviews you’ve been reading. We’re always disappointed when we hear that we haven’t met the expectations of some of our guests. We pride ourselves on the quality of our onboard experience, and take all our customer feedback very seriously. Rest assured though, our customer satisfaction scores are at a record high and we certainly haven’t introduced any cost-cutting measures. We hope you have a lovely holiday, and please let us know all about it when you get back."

A bury your head in the sand response and much expected

" Hi all, We’re sorry you’ve been concerned by some reviews you’ve been reading. We’re always disappointed when we hear that we haven’t met the expectations of some of our guests. We pride ourselves on the quality of our onboard experience, and take all our customer feedback very seriously. Rest assured though, our customer satisfaction scores are at a record high and we certainly haven’t introduced any cost-cutting measures. We hope you have a lovely holiday, and please let us know all about it when you get back."

A bury your head in the sand response and much expected

How true Jim :rolleyes:

Love the avatar :D

We will be eating on the Dream tomorrow, and don't expect to go hungry!! I know what you are saying though as we enjoy our meat and if there is a lack of it - not good. We'll see though.
Not that keen on meat :o but love vegetables, not enough variety of veg for me on cruises IMHO :rolleyes: Will be interested to know what veg are available :)

Love my veg too. Love carvery meals for the veg choice. I am sure we wil have plenty of good food.

That would do me, if they turned one of the eateries into a carvery, 4 choices of meat and help yourself to veg etc., ie. slighly better choice than you often get in the self service at the moment.

Edited by sodafountain

thoms??..I have overheard a little rumour.....

the crew on board thoms ships get little perks (extra hour free time for instance) if their department scores full marks on the customer questionnaires...is this true?...is this wise?....does this mean that if we downgrade our satisfaction scores, the whole crew of that department will have to pay some kind of forfeit?

can the questionnaires be a really true reflection of a customers satisfaction..... when we have this possibility hanging over our heads? none of us would ever want to knowingly hurt our beloved crew....its not their fault if something is going wrong within a department

if i didnt like the food onboard and said as much in the questionnaire....some poor waiter will have to carry the can for that....tell me this isnt true?...that I have interpreted this wrong?

is this a wise way to treat your dedicated and hardworking crew whom you refer to yourself as one of your major strengths….they should get a decent amount of time off anyway….shouldn’t they

and

you have quoted several times that the customer satisfaction scores are currently at an all time high....could this rumour be contributing to this 'all time high'?

I am aware that a passenger who was on a recent Dream Cruise

wrote to Thomson & complained regarding service & the food.

He received what I would suggest was a fairly unfriendly reply that he is not allowed to disclose, copy or reproduce without authorisation.

What does that tell us about Thomson customer services?

He received what I would suggest was a fairly unfriendly reply that he is not allowed to disclose, copy or reproduce without authorisation.

:eek::eek::eek:

I don't understand this :o, how can they stop him telling anyone what was in the letter?:confused: