Thomson Staff - please read

I don't understand this :o, how can they stop him telling anyone what was in the letter?:confused:

They can't but it just sounds a bit threatening really - I get the impression if they are including that sort of quote in their replies to complaints; they are trying their best to ensure people keep quiet about their negative experiences.

They can't but it just sounds a bit threatening really - I get the impression if they are including that sort of quote in their replies to complaints; they are trying their best to ensure people keep quiet about their negative experiences.

That's terrible and slightly off putting.

Of course they could be shooting themselves in the foot because something like that would encourage me to tell the world.

That's terrible and slightly off putting.

Of course they could be shooting themselves in the foot because something like that would encourage me to tell the world.

It just doesn't seem right somehow and even worse what Geomagot is saying above. :mad:

I just find all this sort of behaviour all a bit sad. Thomson have an excellent product; have some excellent reviews - we have always been very satisfied with the cruises we have been on but when things start going wrong, it all seems to be handled so badly & gets a lot of people booked on future cruises worrying if their cruise is going to be ok or not. :(

Edited by Julessmiles

I am aware that a passenger who was on a recent Dream Cruise

wrote to Thomson & complained regarding service & the food.

He received what I would suggest was a fairly unfriendly reply that he is not allowed to disclose, copy or reproduce without authorisation.

What does that tell us about Thomson customer services?

Did it have this at the bottom of the email, Julie?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER This message, together with any attachments, is for the confidential and exclusive use of the intended addresses(s). If you receive it in error, please delete the message and its attachments from......

they put a warning on the bottom of every email/letter/document they send out....its a standard procedure for companies to do this

any e-mail or letter you receive from another person is their copyrighted work, so forwarding it to someone else, publishing its contents (online or anywhere else) or printing it without the authors permission technically violates the authors rights and they could sue you for copyright infringement

at the very least they have the right to demand that you remove the copyrighted material

its sad but true....this is the world we live in today

Yes, Jackie and this :-

The content should be treated as confidential and the recipient may not disclose this message or any attachment to anyone else without authorisation.

Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure may be unlawful.

That phrasing was not used on my e-mail. That's not very nice to receive! :rolleyes:

its not just thoms they all do it....its not meant to be nasty...its just the way business's cover themselves...average joe has no chance really, our whole economy is geared toward business’s and not the consumer…sadly:(

on the paraphrasing...I dont know nell....consumers do have some rights....lots of things have been said in the past and there is plenty of unauthorised copyrighted material about....not sure how they can police it all...all of the time

Oh dear! Sounds like more problems on the Celebration - passenger just off not happy due to what sounds like a pretty bad NV outbreak. Difficult one as it is around everywhere at this time of year.

Apparently everyone has been taken off early & put into hotels today until their flights arrive to get them home while the ship is being cleaned.

Just hope Thomson have handled it the best way they can.

Edited by Julessmiles

Oh dear! Sounds like more problems on the Celebration - passenger just off not happy due to what sounds like a pretty bad NV outbreak. Difficult one as it is around everywhere at this time of year.

Apparently everyone has been taken off early & put into hotels today until their flights arrive to get them home while the ship is being cleaned.

Just hope Thomson have handled it the best way they can.

This news was brought to you courtesy of face book ;)

Seriously, so sorry to hear this. After our experience on the Dream, I send my sympathies to all who have been affected.

Oh dear, so sorry to hear that - my sympathies extended to anyone affected too. One of our hospial wards was completely closed to visitors this week and my friend's mum is in a care home - they weren't allowed to visit for nearly a week and everyone was confined to their rooms. It's horrid - but the infection spreads so easily - what a nightmare!

oh dear...what a shame for all those on board.....just for a minute there i was thinking we had gotton away with it 9or without it) this winter, hope they can nip it in the bud and clear it up....no consolation for those onboard tho....my commiserations to those affected

Been following this trend of poor reviews tail end of 13.

So, it continues into 2014 with poor reviews of cruisers the majority who have cruised with Thomson before. Simply what is going wrong?

All seem have two things in common food and drink (getting one) and staffing levels.

We have cruised Dream x 3 and Island Escape x 1

Last year on the dream I did notice getting a drink was like going to a bar during a wedding reception when the bar opened....

We booked the Celebration 6 mths ago for the summer 14 so hope the reviews improve and NOT continue their downward trend.

Anyone noticed since Frazer left this has happened or did he know something....

Geo and Linda what are your thoughts?

TUI CEO Friedrich Joussen: “We have a clear goal: we intend to increase the value of the individual business sectors while restoring our ability to pay dividends." In order to achieve this goal, the oneTUI programme has been launched.

"The Group is to move substantially closer together in its existing structure and leverage the benefits of vertical integration more strongly than before", said Friedrich Joussen. "To this end, we will integrate the strengths of our content business such as hotels and cruises, our tour operators and the TUI brand. Taken together, they stand for the experience gained by TUI customers and form a basis for differentiation. If we understand, manage and develop the Group from our customers’ perspective, we will create value."

oneTUI is based on the following corner stones:

achieving business excellence and restructuring underperforming business units,

optimising the vertical integration of the Group,

focusing on a material increase in cash flow contributions to TUI AG and

substantially cutting the costs of the holding (administrative, staff and interest costs).:eek:

As a result of oneTUI, the Group aims to achieve an operating result (underlying EBITA) of around 1 billion euros in financial year 2014/15.:eek: TUI AG’s cash balance, which is negative today, is to rise to around 100 million euros by financial year 2014/15.

This growth will be driven, in particular, by the cash flow contributions of the content business (hotel and cruises), which will grow significantly. In future, almost half of the cash contributions to TUI AG will be generated by hotel and cruise activities.:confused:

http://www.tui-group.com/en/company/oneTUI:eek:

Edited by 100cruises

Geo and Linda what are your thoughts?

Well we did notice that the last time we were on the Dream (and I think it will be the last time!!) the service was bad in the MDR. One night we sat down, waited ages for the menu, in fact we had to ask for it, then when we had ordered, we just sat and sat and my husband had to say to one of the waiters "Are we going to get served tonight" I think he reprimanded the waiter concerned, who was chattering and messing around at another table. Now it is nice to have chat and a laugh with the waiters, but not at the expense of other people getting their dinner.

Two or three nights in the fish was a bit slimey, I should have sent it back (my fault) Two days later I was vomiting. I think enough has probably been said about NV/food poisoning whatever it was, so shall shut up on that :rolleyes:

We have booked the Spirit for August, so hope that will be OK. We had a great time on the Spirit in the Adriatic in 2011 and a great time on the Majesty in 2012. We have been on 16 cruises, 7 of them on Thomson, but if the Spirit does not measure up, it is bye bye Thomson!

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Thanks Linda

Agree with you, and you have far more cruises under your belt than me. Agreed if Thomson don't measure up this year for me and i am easy to please. I will too say goodbye and start to look elsewhere.

Some say, it may be a glitch, but....( TUI AG’s cash balance, which is negative today) Is an interesting one and maybe, just maybe... why so many negative comments over late 2013 and 14 so far...

Just sayin.