Rip off Britain

sunny seas

Thank you for your reply.

We where told the "early saver" had price protection.

Please read the link, I have posted.

In that link, they say:

Please review your booking confirmation email to ensure the promotion you booked is eligible for price protection.

Was there any mention of it in your confirmation email?

And like Spikey M, no offence from me was intended and I was also speaking more in general as the attitude of having the difference refunded/as obc seems to be seen as a right by some.

Edited by Scriv

It states,.

"Your booking has been made on our "early savers (G)" and as a result, you have received a reduced price.

We where told this was price protected.

We have been on many cruises since retiring and been very happy but on this occasion we feel we where "mis-lead"

Am i missing something. The link goes to carnival cruises. Whilst i understand that p&o is in there group of companies, it is not p&o terms.

I think your problem lies with your travel agent and what you were told.

Personally i learnt to book late, and save some money. Although the prices are now a lot closer between fares (at least at the cruise we were looking at), taking into account obc and parking etc

Taken from there site,.

"These are the Terms and Conditions under which you book your cruise holiday and travel on any P&O Cruises product we sell you. You are bound by these Booking & Travel Conditions, so it is important that you read them carefully.

P&O Cruises / We / Our / Us means Carnival plc. You are entering into this contract with carnival plc trading as P&O Cruises"

As our initial booking was made onboard a p+o / carnival owned ship, then all contractual obligations are with carnival plc.!

Edited by hamish123

Taken from there site,.

"These are the Terms and Conditions under which you book your cruise holiday and travel on any P&O Cruises product we sell you. You are bound by these Booking & Travel Conditions, so it is important that you read them carefully.

P&O Cruises / We / Our / Us means Carnival plc. You are entering into this contract with carnival plc trading as P&O Cruises"

As our initial booking was made onboard a p+o / carnival owned ship, then all contractual obligations are with carnival plc.!

Sorry you are not looking at the correct site each of the 'Carnival' companies is separate and the T&C's for each is different. You are looking at the Carnival cruise line not Carnival PLC. They are different.

Carnival cruise line being US based have to offer price matching by law. UK cruise lines do not.

There is no price protection with any P&O fare. Be it Select, early saver or saver.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The main basis of my argument, is what we were told when we booked.

Head office have agreed to look into it, I await there reply.

http://www.pocruises.com.au/alreadybooked/pages/bookingpassagetermsconditions.aspx

Well these rules say that you can change to a different fare structure if you pay the appropriate fee. That has always been the case we did this about a year ago and gained some OBC.

You effectively cancel one booking and make an other one.

The main basis of my argument, is what we were told when we booked.

Head office have agreed to look into it, I await there reply.

http://www.pocruises.com.au/alreadybooked/pages/bookingpassagetermsconditions.aspx

But Hamish123, you are now looking at the Australian P&O website and terms and conditions - also different to the UK.

But Hamish123, you are now looking at the Australian P&O website and terms and conditions - also different to the UK.

I missed that, yes not the same company,

I missed that, yes not the same company,

Be of assistance the T&C's for P&O (UK) are to be found here.

http://www.pocruises.com/Global/pdf/POC%20BCs%2012.05.14%20legal.pdf

Any differences between the Carnival brands will in some part be linked to the countries they work from.

Costa .... Italy

Aida ........Germany

P&O ........UK

P&O Aus. Australia

Princess...USA

Etc.

It s really difficult knowing when to book at the best price and understand the fares!

We booked a Select price earlier in the year for a November sailing. When I see threads like this, I tend to check. Since then, our category has been available at Select and Early Saver but not always and not at the price we got which included coach travel and OBC. We thought it good then and it suited us.

I was confused when I read a post the other day and found that there is another saver price which will be advertised nearer the time, if there are spaces to be sold.

I just think that when you book, if that seems good, then just book and don't fret.

Just thought I would share this quote (this year) from P+Os MD.

"P&O Cruises is changing its pricing in a bid to secure more early bookings and to offer customers who book early the best value."

Marketing director Christopher Edgington said "P&O was looking to reverse the current trade of dropping prices late on."

He said: “We have reduced the prices on 100 cruises in this new brochure. We want to give our passengers the best value possible and we wanted our prices to be more aligned with the market."

“Passengers need to book early to make sure they get the best price possible, and this needs to be reinforced."

“In the past the industry has gone from high to low when it comes to pricing and with this change we are looking to go from low to high.”

The first paragraph is a joke.!!

Just thought I would share this quote (this year) from P+Os MD.

"P&O Cruises is changing its pricing in a bid to secure more early bookings and to offer customers who book early the best value."

Marketing director Christopher Edgington said "P&O was looking to reverse the current trade of dropping prices late on."

He said: “We have reduced the prices on 100 cruises in this new brochure. We want to give our passengers the best value possible and we wanted our prices to be more aligned with the market."

“Passengers need to book early to make sure they get the best price possible, and this needs to be reinforced."

“In the past the industry has gone from high to low when it comes to pricing and with this change we are looking to go from low to high.”

The first paragraph is a joke.!!

while most will agree with you and Select/early saver or saver are just a change of words and slight T&Cs to P&Os benefit nobody guarantees that if a cruise is not selling well or staterooms are available that P&O will do their best to fill those cabins and a statement heavily reduced is better than an empty stateroom. P&O act no differently to any other cruise line or land based holiday company who used to sell the late deals very cheapily to those that booked earlier on teletext.

I agree the whole issue is about reducing the price of a cruise and calling it getaway to avoid keeping the their so called price promise.

I wonder did p and o ever reduce their vantage fare and did anyone ever benefit from their price promise????

sunny

Yes and yes! On the Northern Lights cruise I booked for this year the Vantage fare came down and I received OBC to recompense me.