HMC Question

hannahsmomtoo

I know there is a port of call question....and I will post there also.....but sometimes its easier to get an answer here :)

We have our Cabana rented and picked ( yay for the shore excursions people!) ...

but as far as purchases.... alcohol etc....does HMC take your S/S since its private? or do we need cash/credit card?

Thanks so much !!!

I haven't been there yet but asked the same question. They take the S&S card for drinks, water toy rental, and the store that is there. There are locals that come and sell stuff also, and they take cash. We will be there a week from Sunday. Can't wait!!

Thank you ! Please report back ! We have to wait until October !!!! :eek:

I haven't been there yet but asked the same question. They take the S&S card for drinks, water toy rental, and the store that is there. There are locals that come and sell stuff also, and they take cash. We will be there a week from Sunday. Can't wait!!

They take S&S except for the vendors ( bar purchases are S&S ) at the pier...but you can find items cheaper on other islands. No local vendors roaming around as this island is not inhabited other than caretakers. Tip your servers (they come off the ship) well and they will take care of you all day.

Edited by Rena921

Been to HMC multiple times and have never seen any local vendors. This is a private island, so I don't think it's allowed, and there aren't any locals living there. Maybe a few caretakers, but that's all.

I thought they didn't let you "pick" the cabana until you got on the ship? Has this changed again?:confused:

Not as of this past August. Op, are you sure you have a cabanna reserved already? Usually you cannot reserve oneuntil boarding the ship.

I know there is a port of call question....and I will post there also.....but sometimes its easier to get an answer here :)

We have our Cabana rented and picked ( yay for the shore excursions people!) ...

but as far as purchases.... alcohol etc....does HMC take your S/S since its private? or do we need cash/credit card?

Thanks so much !!!

You use your sign & sail on HMC for beverages & services but I believe the women who braid hair take cash. Just wondering how you got an assignment for the cabana prior to boarding?

This past November you couldn't choose until you boarded. Guest services should be your first stop, just to make sure you get the cabin you want.

You sure can...all you do is pay online then send your Cabana # request to shoreexcursions@carnival.com

This was my reply : All booked ...

Hello *****,

Thank you for getting in touch with the Shore Excursion Department.

We have blocked Cabana #15 for you. The Shore Excursion team onboard the

Fascination has been informed about it.

We value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Best regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

You sure can...all you do is pay online then send your Cabana # request to shoreexcursions@carnival.com

This was my reply : All booked ...

Hello *****,

Thank you for getting in touch with the Shore Excursion Department.

We have blocked Cabana #15 for you. The Shore Excursion team onboard the

Fascination has been informed about it.

We value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Best regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Wow!!!! Either you got lucky, or they have changed the rules on this, yet, AGAIN. Enjoy your cabana!!:D

Wow!!!! Either you got lucky, or they have changed the rules on this, yet, AGAIN. Enjoy your cabana!!:D

I am ofcourse saving that email from them.....

but I have heard stories of people who DID get "assigned" a cabana before the cruise and it wasn't honored....so we'll see. Maybe they let us because the cruise is 10+ months away? Who knows? Just happy to be going.....!!!

You use your sign & sail on HMC for beverages & services but I believe the women who braid hair take cash. Just wondering how you got an assignment for the cabana prior to boarding?

Be careful with hte hair braiders. Some of them charge per braid and know how to make hair have tons of braids.

I also have tried to reserve cabana and told that you could not do that until you get on the ship. Not going to be too happy if they are doing it for some and not others:( Just actually booked another for May and it states:

*NOTE:

Specific cabana number or location requests will not be accepted via email or phone. All specific cabana requests may only be made onboard the ship on embarkation day at the Shore Excursion Desk, and will be taken on a first come, first served basis. You will need to please book your cabana online, and then once onboard please see Shore Excursion Staff to advise of your preferences and/or requests (ie, sodas, snorkeling equipment sizes, etc).

I almost wonder if it's the rep that answers the email....

I read this thread this morning and said what the ... I'll try the email (we'll be there in June and had purchased the excursion two weeks after we booked our cruise in September).

I got the same reply as the OP! My cabana has been reserved! Of course I'll still visit guest services when we board to check though!