Non-guest access to ship?

edrags

I will be sending my parents on their first ever Seabourn cruise to the Mediterranean on April 17. As luck would have it, they will be in Montecarlo the same day I am there on a business trip.

I would very much like the opportunity to briefly tour the Quest after dropping my parents off at the end of the Monte Carlo port call.

What is Seabourn's policy on allowing non-guests aboard for a brief visit? Any leeway possible?

Their stock position since 9/11 is no guests. In point of fact though we have seen guests on at least three occasions since -- one of which was a group of travel agents in Lisbon being hosted to a tour and reception on turn around day. In the other instances it was family members of passengers who received prior clearance to board for a brief tour. Usually this is done on board by the passenger who requests permission from the hotel manager and Captain. I suspect they have more flexibility than shore operations who are likely to veto such requests. But it does not hurt to ask.

Are you kidding? Gift to captain will get you nowhere. Gift to anyone will get you nowhere.

Give your parents photocopy of your passport. Have them take it to reception and explain their wishes. It goes up chain of command. As first time passengers, the request might be denied. It's worth a try.

Group guests (travel agents) are a common occurrence. It's a sales tool.

And like most things in life it is who you know not what you know that gets you where you want to be.

I would start with a meeting with the Hotel Director rather than just asking a member of the desk staff.

Edited by Mr Luxury

Markham,

May I gently state that Mr. Luxury is correct. Who is the subjective case (who is at the door) and whom is the objective case (to whom, for whom).

MARKHAM is perfectly correct: it is whom you know. Whom is the direct object of the verb know. e.g. I like him, and I know him, not I like he, or I know he.

"Heatens" still makes me laugh.

It's been a "heaten" free zone here lately, although a little bird did tell me that the world cruise may have at least one onboard :eek:

Would that be SBTraveller himself? ;)

I thought he was supposed to be on the Antarctica cruises so Im surprised theres been no obvious reports from him.

Edited by baychilla

Would that be SBTraveller himself? ;)

I thought he was supposed to be on the Antarctica cruises so Im surprised theres been no obvious reports from him.

Actually yes, I believe you're correct about Antarctica. ;)

I thought one of the other incarnations ie zorro/nyk etc etc had mentioned Sojourn too early this year. We're on Sojourn in March so I do hope it's not another "Heaten" Infested sailing. :D