FLL-Port Everglades Embarkation lately...and progressive boarding - Crown

JohnBoy in NC

Read several threads/posts lately regarding late boarding in FLL (limited custom agents) -and on the Crown lately with progressive boarding.

Hoping someone will post how this weekend goes -to see if an expected trend. I am an early riser and love to be on board by 11:30am...but don't really want to wait at the port for hours until 1-2pm. If so...will try to sleep in and rlax at the hotel before a taxi ride....but it is like Christmas---can't WAIT to sail Princess in the Carribean for the 1st time (and Aruba/Curacao too).

Thanks

John in NC

Read several threads/posts lately regarding late boarding in FLL (limited custom agents) -and on the Crown lately with progressive boarding.

Hoping someone will post how this weekend goes -to see if an expected trend. I am an early riser and love to be on board by 11:30am...but don't really want to wait at the port for hours until 1-2pm. If so...will try to sleep in and rlax at the hotel before a taxi ride....but it is like Christmas---can't WAIT to sail Princess in the Carribean for the 1st time (and Aruba/Curacao too).

Thanks

John in NC

There's no way you would be on board by 11:30 since boarding usually doesn't start until 11:45. If then. And Suites and Elites go first. And Platinums.

There's no way you would be on board by 11:30 since boarding usually doesn't start until 11:45. If then. And Suites and Elites go first. And Platinums.

gotcha...on my Carnival cruises out of FLL...we are usually eating by 11:30am. I will try to curb my enthusiasm and plan to arrive at port around 12:30pm ish

Thanks Pia

gotcha...on my Carnival cruises out of FLL...we are usually eating by 11:30am. I will try to curb my enthusiasm and plan to arrive at port around 12:30pm ish
Princess doesn't normally start boarding until all cabins are ready. Which means that as soon as you board, you can go directly to your cabin. No need to pay for "Faster to the Fun."

If you arrive by 10:30am, you'll be able to check in. By the time you go through Security, get checked in and get to the waiting area, you'll probably have a 30-45 minute wait, if that. While Platinum/Elite/full suite passengers board first, it goes pretty quickly. You can go to your cabin, drop off your stuff, check the Patter, and then go for lunch.

Edited by Pam in CA

We are boarding the Crown tomorrow with the expected "progressive" boarding set up, will report out how that goes. The ship looks sold out, so it should be busy.

After this cruise, we'll be Platinum, so looking forward to preferred check in!

We always get to the port about 11:00, and are on by 12-12:30. Time goes fast, but you never know what will happen on the 18th. We plan on being there about 11 and see what happens.

Be sure and where your green beads, John, maybe we will meet each other!

Edited by Elkhorn20fan

I just printed out my boarding passes for the 1/25 crown sailing and it says "check in 12:30-3 pm".

Standard wording for boarding passes which in no way, shape or form looks at what deck you are on as far as boarding time is concerned.

Check-in will usually start by 11 AM in most cases and boarding around noon.

I'm one who likes to get to the ship real early. Usually, we arrive around 10AM. The last of the departing passengers are leaving the ship. We check our bags with a porter and wait for the doors to open. It usually does by 10:30AM. We check in and find a place to sit and wait. At least on my sailings (mostly out of San Pedro) they start boarding the ship's Preferred passengers around 11:30 or 11:45. It goes quickly, and the rest follow. With few exceptions we have been having lunch in the Horizon Court Buffet by noon, even before we became Platinum. Of course, every cruise is different. But my experience in 6 Princess cruises has been like this.

We always get to the port about 11:00, and are on by 12-12:30. Time goes fast, but you never know what will happen on the 18th. We plan on being there about 11 and see what happens.

Be sure and where your green beads, John, maybe we will meet each other!

I wil try to remember beads....planning on attending the Meet/Greet on sea day.

Thanks everyone for the input!