Heading out on Serenade today

momof4_tn

Cans are not included in the soda package. If you are on a ship without the freestyle machine, you'll get the fountain sodas at the bars or restaurants. My next cruise will be the first cruise with the additional options on the Freestyle machine.

It's hard to go back once you've had freestyle. I wish they'd put them on more ships.

Sent from iPhone using Cruise Critic App

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You did great.....we took that inexpensive shuttle to the airport. As we were walking out to the cabs, some guy asked if we wanted a ride. Was it $14 p/p? I can't remember. It was very early in the morning without coffee. :D;)

So what is the best way to get my family (myself, wife, and two kids 8 & 11) from the port to the airport?

Edited by pso418

So what is the best way to get my family (myself, wife, and two kids 8 & 11) from the port to the airport?

I'd take a taxi. I believe the cost would be around $25, plus charges for bags. You might have to wait a bit for a minivan taxi, but it will still be faster than a shuttle.

I'd take a taxi. I believe the cost would be around $25, plus charges for bags. You might have to wait a bit for a minivan taxi, but it will still be faster than a shuttle.

Thanks. Was thinking that route from what I was seeing on the board.

We will be on the January 25th sailing. It has been several years since we last sailed on the Serenade and I know there has been a few changes made. I know the Concierge Lounge moved from deck 10 to 13 in the former Hollywood Odyssey. It was in the HO they had the cigar lounge after 9 PM. Does anyone know where they moved the cigar lounge? I am sure it would be mentioned in a current Cruise Compass.

We will be on the January 25th sailing. It has been several years since we last sailed on the Serenade and I know there has been a few changes made. I know the Concierge Lounge moved from deck 10 to 13 in the former Hollywood Odyssey. It was in the HO they had the cigar lounge after 9 PM. Does anyone know where they moved the cigar lounge? I am sure it would be mentioned in a current Cruise Compass.

I'm pretty sure there is not an indoor lounge any longer. There may be a designated area on deck but I haven't been able to determine exactly where. I'm hoping they make the Sky Bar available for evening cigars.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have returned. I will get the compasses scanned into PDF format tomorrow and loaded. We were on the Key West/Bahama itinerary. I have to get my pics loaded as well. We had a great week, and for the person who asked about differences in Voyager class and this ship. I will get my thoughts posted as well, because that was one of my main concerns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We have returned. I will get the compasses scanned into PDF format tomorrow and loaded. We were on the Key West/Bahama itinerary. I have to get my pics loaded as well. We had a great week, and for the person who asked about differences in Voyager class and this ship. I will get my thoughts posted as well, because that was one of my main concerns.

Welcome back. Glad you had a good time and look forward to hearing all about your cruise......especially since we board on the 25th. :D

I'm pretty sure there is not an indoor lounge any longer. There may be a designated area on deck but I haven't been able to determine exactly where. I'm hoping they make the Sky Bar available for evening cigars.

I was on the Nov TA and I don't remember a designated cigar area. There was an outdoor smoking area, cigars included, on the starboard side of deck 11 near the pool and heading towards the side room leading into the Windjammer.

What did you think of Topi? Several people on our roll call were wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

Topi was on our navigator cruise last year with Keith Williams, but he wasn't cruise director. I saw him in several places around the ship. I think he likes the loud party atmosphere. He sang with the band during the 50's party. His morning show was a bit goofy.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! We sail on the 25th!

Hello, amallison, aka 'my fellow Misissippian!'

We sail on Serenade in April. This is our first time out of NOLA, and I'm a little apprehensive about it. What are your driving/parking plans? Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,

Betty Ann

We sail on Serenade in April. This is our first time out of NOLA, and I'm a little apprehensive about it. What are your driving/parking plans? Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,

Betty Ann

Hi Betty Ann, please call me Ashley! This is also our first time out of NOLA! Our group is actually taking a charter bus rather than us all driving our cars and parking for a week (there are about 50 of us I believe) so I'm not really good on giving any advice about parking. As far as driving, getting to the port is very easy.

Welcome Back! Although you're probably sad to be back, we're looking forward to your report and the Compasses.

I second this, we leave to drive to NOLA in 5 days... yikes I need to go press some clothes! I'm anxious to find out which days are Formal / Semi-Formal.

There were 2 formal nights and no semi. Most people were dressed business casual on formal night. RCL only recommends the dress code and most did not follow it to the letter. There were quite a few men without a jacket.

A couple of parking options are the Whale lot or Fulton Place which is cheaper and offers a free shuttle that is very efficient.

Have a great time!

RCI hasn't had semi-formal nights in a number of years.

On a 7 night cruise, barring something unusual such as a holiday or event like Halloween or a late night stop in port (Aruba), you'll almost always have formal on night 2 & 5.

Thanks,

Betty Ann

We parked at the Whale Lot, directly behind the Hilton. I can't remember the price. I think we paid $148 for our 9-day cruise. But it was very convenient. The lot is only a two minute walk from the lot to the terminal and the terminal to the lot.

We parked at the Whale Lot, directly behind the Hilton. I can't remember the price. I think we paid $148 for our 9-day cruise. But it was very convenient. The lot is only a two minute walk from the lot to the terminal and the terminal to the lot.

Thanks for the suggestion!! We're looking into Whale or Fulton Rooftop. Did you make an online/prepaid reservation?

Thanks,

Betty Ann

Are you on the TA if so see you onboard. This will be our 3rd TA but the first cruise out of NOLA. WE were on the Serenade last Nov and really enjoyed the cruise and the Diamond lounge concierge was great. Didnt think the cruise director was that good dont know who it will be in April.