Rendezvous Caye pics (Snorkel Wonder of Barrier Reef

canadian85

Already posted this info but trying to include pics..

There were 2 small boats, but it wasn't crowded. They separated you into beginner, intermediate and advanced or you could just stay on the island.

I went with my 5yo in the beginner group, my wife stayed with 3yo on the beach. You walk down a few steps into the water and go as a group while the guide kayaks along. We didn’t make it too far since my daughter couldn’t get the hang of breathing through the snorkel and she didn’t like the goggles. So the guide kayaked her back while I swam alongside. I stayed with fam for a bit, then decided to try to catch up to the group. Noone seemed to notice me swimming not in the group while I caught up, but the beginners were on their way back so I didn’t see much. Unless you have kids or you’re old then I would go at least with intermediate.

The island had 2 very small swimming areas one with a fine crushed coral bottom so nice on the feet, the other side was broken up shells that was too sharp to walk on. There were washrooms, shade, beach bar that sold some drinks and hot dogs. I would definitely recommend for a beach day, the snorkelling I saw was good, but don’t have much to compare to.

There were a few lounge chairs and they also handed out bamboo mats.

IMG_4921.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

IMG_4921.jpg

Go to the picture on your photobucket, click on the right side the link that says "Direct" and it automatically copies it. Then on the forum here, click the little box up above that looks like a picture (mountain with a sun) and when it brings up a box, paste in there. It will then put the picture on here. :)

(Not saying you have to do it now, just thought if you ever want to post pictures, you'll know how). :D

Wow - that is a very small island!

How was the snorkeling? Were you able to see much?

I really didn't see much since I took my daughter back to the beach. What I did see was good, but I don't have much to compare to. No bright colours or anything, but I would go again for sure.

I was just looking at this today. We don't go till Dec so I have plenty of time. I was thinking of just staying on the ship but I feel like it will be a waste to do that. Thats what we did last time and I regret it.

I would hate to stay on the ship, this turned out to be a great day.

• 2 weeks later...