Camcorder Editing Software

Big Foot

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this so apologies if I'm wrong!

I own a Sony HDD camcorder & have recently upgraded to a windows 8 laptop.

I used to use Sony's own software 'Picture Motion Browser' to edit my DVD's (not to any great standard!) but this isn't supported by windows 8.

Sony now recommend 'Play Memories' however, I can't even get my images to play using this let alone try editing.

I'm therefore looking at purchasing a software package but not being that technically minded didn't want to spend a fortune no something I won't be able to operate.

I keep seeing people posting wonderful videos with captions & music etc & given time would love to be able to do that.

What sort of things are you using?

Any advice would be greatly received.

Many thanks.

Joan

I use Photodex Proshow Gold 6. This is a show producing software using either pictures or video . Can use music if needed, edit your video, or use Wizard and let software create show

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

I use Abobe Premiere Elements - which is the video version of Adobe Elements. You can typically get both packages (the video and camera versions bundled together) for around $100 or so. Or either one separately for $60 ish.

I used to work at a television channel, and the best editing software hands down is Sony Vegas. They have different price points, but any version is reliable, works well, and just plainly is great software.

I have used Premiere in its various incarnations over the years and have had too many crashes to even remember.

The gold standard is from Avid, but that is way beyond a consumer level product.

Final Cut Pro (if you have a MAC) is the best choice there, but again it is expensive.

I just got into video's with a GoPro - they have a free program anyone can download off their website and works with Windows 8, is uber simple, but I don't know what file formats it supports. Just a thought though...

http://gopro.com/support/articles/gopro-cineform-software-download

Capabilities:

http://gopro.com/support/articles/gopro-studio-available-now