Seattle Airport

new_to_cruising

Yes, the Pearl gets into Seattle on a Sunday (less traffic). Just be ready to get off the ship quickly, and have pre-arranged and reserved independent transportation to take you to airport (like a towncar service). To clarify - if Norwegian offers such a program, try to do self disembarkation.

Edited by middle-aged mom

Looking at an Aug cruise on NCL Pearl, but concerned about the flight times. Air Canada doesn't have very many flights from Seattle to Toronto. Looking at 11:30am flight. Will we be okay getting off the ship and to the airport in time?

Our agent called the cruise line to get the ok for our time, ours is 11:10 and the time for them was 11:15(the earliest) but he said it would work fine. We are on a different cruise line so call the cruise line.

Looking at an Aug cruise on NCL Pearl, but concerned about the flight times. Air Canada doesn't have very many flights from Seattle to Toronto. Looking at 11:30am flight. Will we be okay getting off the ship and to the airport in time?

Do self walk off by 8:30 and hop in a cab. You will be fine. No need to reserve a special car.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

It really depends on your comfort level.

It's a 30 minute drive from the pier to the airport but give it 1 hr to be safe (hwy construction, tunnel construction, city events, sports events, etc). Don't you need to be at the airport 3 hrs prior for an int'l departure ?

Seatac is very busy during the summer, especially on weekends with all the cruise passengers coming and going.

It wouldn't be in my comfort zone. What would it cost to miss the flight?

p.s. wouldn't it be easier to do a cruise from Vancouver?

Note that with self-disembarkation on NCL, a line will usually form on the ship starting up to an hour before the earliest departure time. So if you are hoping to be one of the first people off the ship, be sure to build that into your plans.

Do self walk off by 8:30 and hop in a cab. You will be fine. No need to reserve a special car.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

We always reserve a town car because that is what we like to do. Not a matter of need, but of what a person wants. Perhaps the OP might like that as well.:):)

We always reserve a town car because that is what we like to do. Not a matter of need, but of what a person wants. Perhaps the OP might like that as well.:):)

The OP may very well like that, as you and many others do. I was only trying to let the OP know that it was not a necessity to get get to the airport timely. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Just going to throw this out there... I am about the same distance from Buffalo as Toronto and you may want to look at flying Southwest from Buffalo. Not only is it WAY cheaper (I just paid $143.00 one way) to Seattle for our Alaska cruise, but it offers up many more time options. Just sayin' ....

I am not one to ever fly into the port city the DAY of departure however there are some in my small group doing the Alaska cruise that do not want to fly a day early and spend money to stay in hotel..

I say it well worth

We are coming from San Diego into SeaTac so the flights is not that bad if leaving at 6 am arriving at 11 am. It the time after we land and traffic issues that concern me. The peace of mind to not worry about traffic and the hassle of it all same day to me is worth the little extra for hotel stay overnight.

My question is, are they crazy or am I too much a worry wort?

Also an approximate cost for a transfer, taxi, shuttle etc from Sea Tac to the pier

Thanks

We are coming from San Diego into SeaTac so the flights is not that bad if leaving at 6 am arriving at 11 am. It the time after we land and traffic issues that concern me. The peace of mind to not worry about traffic and the hassle of it all same day to me is worth the little extra for hotel stay overnight.

Also an approximate cost for a transfer, taxi, shuttle etc from Sea Tac to the pier

If you're leaving at 6 and arriving at 11, you're flying via someplace else; block time on SAN-SEA is 2:50 for most flights.

There are two cruise terminals in Seattle: Pier 91, which is a couple miles farther from the airport than Pier 66, which is closer to downtown. NCL and Oceania use Pier 66; all others use Pier 91.

Traffic is generally a non-issue, as cabs/towncars can use the HOV lanes, and at any time except morning and afternoon rush hours (on weekdays only) you can get reliably from the airport to either cruise dock in under 30 minutes.

Cab or towncar fare will be in the $50 range to Pier 66, $10 more or so to Pier 91.

If you're leaving at 6 and arriving at 11, you're flying via someplace else; block time on SAN-SEA is 2:50 for most flights.

There are two cruise terminals in Seattle: Pier 91, which is a couple miles farther from the airport than Pier 66, which is closer to downtown. NCL and Oceania use Pier 66; all others use Pier 91.

Traffic is generally a non-issue, as cabs/towncars can use the HOV lanes, and at any time except morning and afternoon rush hours (on weekdays only) you can get reliably from the airport to either cruise dock in under 30 minutes.

Cab or towncar fare will be in the $50 range to Pier 66, $10 more or so to Pier 91.

Thanks so much for the prompt reply.

Yes indeed the flight we are looking at (using miles) stops in Phoenix. We are sailing Carnival which I believe is at 91? Smith Cove is what is listed.

We arrive on a Wed. and traffic is main concern on early afternoon

I appreciate all your great info. There are 16 of us but only 6 looking at doing same day or possible day prior and staying at budget hotel overnight

I am not one to ever fly into the port city the DAY of departure however there are some in my small group doing the Alaska cruise that do not want to fly a day early and spend money to stay in hotel..

I say it well worth

There is always a chance of flight delays/mechanical issues, or, in my case, snow storms or some kind of weather issue. I think you are wise to fly in the day before and have the peace of mind that you are in the embarkation city in plenty of time to embark the ship.

We are flying in the day before even though the flight is only 1.5 hours. My mother said that she is retired and does not wish to book early morning flights which mean getting up at an ungodly hour or staying near the home airport (incurring additional costs). If we're going to pay for a hotel anyway, we may as well pay for it in the embarkation city. I look at it as an opportunity to see the city and have a very relaxing morning while waiting to depart for the ship.

I hope the others in your group make it in good time to the ship.