Surprise Ruby 5 day sailing & questions

Bowlersbus

SUPER PSYCHED!

Just booked Surprise 5 day Ruby for my Niece & SIL

Feb 8th is my niece's bday and we sail the 1st.

I haven't sailed the Ruby since March of '12

I have a couple questions -

on the shorter itinerary - are there formal nights?

do they still have the International Cafe that serves Gelato?

did they get a sushi station & is it free?

Whats the best thing you enjoyed if you sailed the shorter 5 day route.

Sailed her over Christmas. Back on her Feb. 20th.

No formal night. They have a "Dress To Impress" night and a lot of ladies dressed as if it was a formal night but I did not see men in tuxes.

Yes the IC still has gelato.

Did not notice any sushi bar.

The best thing about the shorter itinerary is since it is not port intensive, it really is a R&R cruise.

I have a couple questions -

on the shorter itinerary - are there formal nights? Check the itinerary page on the personalizer. At the top of the itinerary it will tell you now many formal and smart casual nights there are.

Personalizeritinerary_zpscedfb7c8.jpg

do they still have the International Cafe that serves Gelato? Yes

see above in red

Edited by caribill

see above in red

Maybe and maybe not. We booked a 9 day cruise on the Ruby the 1st of March which Princess offered by combining a 5 day and a 4 day b2b as one cruise. On our personalizer page it shows 2 formal nights and 7 smart casual nights. I have read that there are no formal nights on the 4 day so....... do they make us few passengers that booked the 9 day cruise dress up and everyone else who booked only one leg or the other wear something else? :D

Edited by ar1950

Maybe and maybe not. We booked a 9 day cruise on the Ruby the 1st of March which Princess offered by combining a 5 day and a 4 day b2b as one cruise. On our personalizer page it shows 2 formal nights and 7 smart casual nights. I have read that there are no formal nights on the 4 day so....... do they make us few passengers that booked the 9 day cruise dress up and everyone else who booked only one leg or the other wear something else? :D

Looks like you found a bug in their programming.

Sushi is offered at Vines, the wine bar on the Plaza deck, across the Atrium from the International Cafe. In my experience, a purchase of a drink is usually needed to get the sushi.

Edited by cubfan63

I asked about this situation in a couple of previous threads as we are booked B2B2B on 5,4,5 day cruises, but didn't receive any real answers. What you say in your post is what I wanted to know. Our Personalizer says 1 Formal Evening for the 5 days and 0 for the 4 day. Perhaps they have introduced the "dress up night" as a way around this situation.

My sister and I just got back from the 5 day Ruby sailing. The formal night was the second night on board. There was a sushi station one day for lunch at Café Caribe but we didn't have lunch there so I can't comment on the quality or variety. Because of bad weather we were diverted to Ocho Rio instead of Cozumel which was fine by us. I think we enjoyed the r and r the most although we did find we could have used a couple of more days to see and do everything we wanted! Hope you have a great cruise!!

The info is also in the pre-cruise email "A Message from the Maitre'D and Passenger Services Director" sent to passengers. It is in the "Get Ready" section.

On our five night: During your cruise, you can enjoy 1 formal nights.

On our four night: During your cruise, you can enjoy 0 formal nights.

carbill - I'm with you.

I just wanna relax and I've cruised enough, and got enough dressed up pictures that sit in a box,

that I am ok - with NO Formal nights.

What's with the search today - I was looking for the 5 day patters. And I keep getting an error. Anyone else having a problem?