Private Tour Companies In Roatan

cruzr101

We always tour with Ronystours. Not sure what "certified" means. We really like South Shore Canopy. They have the latest equipment and safety gear. Their guides are very experiences. I'd suggest touring with Rony. We like to zip and then visit one of the spectacular beaches. - Perfect day!

We always tour with Ronystours. Not sure what "certified" means. We really like South Shore Canopy. They have the latest equipment and safety gear. Their guides are very experiences. I'd suggest touring with Rony. We like to zip and then visit one of the spectacular beaches. - Perfect day!

We were thinking about using Ronys. We are ziplining in Belize. So wanted to just snorkle in Roatan. Does Ronys do just that? Or would you recommend ziplining again and then snorkeling?

We were thinking about using Ronys. We are ziplining in Belize. So wanted to just snorkle in Roatan. Does Ronys do just that? Or would you recommend ziplining again and then snorkeling?

Ronys offers a Beach Shuttle to either West Bay or Half Moon beaches -- check on the website under "Excursions". From what I've seen posted, for 4 people (can be any 4 from your ship), the price pp is about the same as for a cab from Mahagony Bay.

We just booked with Christopher Tours. Explore (Private Guide with photo opportunities), South Shore Zip Line and Splash @ Tabyana Beach. $65/each. Just can't beat that price anywhere. They even called me to answer questions. I'll post my experience when we get back at the end of the January.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody had any experience with Detours in Roatan? Thinking about zip line tour and they say theirs is 'certified'. Any recommendations? Thanks

My husband had a hip replacement, so we were not interested in zip lining or some of the other more athletic things to do. We were savvy enough to know you can save a lot by booking your own tour rather than by taking a tour for the cruise ship. When I looked at the reviews of tours, I was looking for high ratings, flexibility in the tour and getting back to the boar tin time. The reviews of Rony showed he met all of those criteria. We walked through the gate out of the port and there was Rony's group holding signs-one a bus tour with his people, the other a private tour with Rony himself. For $40 each for the two of us, Rony spent 4 hours driving us around the island while giving a detailed history of the island and teaching us about the culture. Rony used to work for Celebrity cruise line and worked for the cruise director, so he had a good understanding of what we would want. We did visit the monkeys (but did not do zipline), went to the ruins, went to West End, went shopping, stopped to buy souvenirs at the side of the road and learned a lot about the educational system history, and other things about the country. I highly recommend his services.

At Your Service offers concierge services like free beer/wine/soda/water, cell phone, wifi along with a private driver and the price is just $40pp for 4 ppl and they meet you inside the port gates.

Edited by blue_water

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned and we used Dixon Tours a second time and loved our day. The driver stays with you all day and the itinerary is yours. Can't beat that for $25pp for 4 or $40pp for 2. Excellent service and our guide (Carmel) was wonderful!

How was your experience with South Shore in Roatan? We'll be there in March. Thanks in advance. Hoping for a good beach day.

I would second the recommendation for Rony's Tours in Roatan - we've used him in the past and they are wonderful. We've done the South Shore ziplining and then onto a tour of the island and to the beach (Bananarama) - their company is very professional and friendly!

• 3 weeks later...
I would second the recommendation for Rony's Tours in Roatan - we've used him in the past and they are wonderful. We've done the South Shore ziplining and then onto a tour of the island and to the beach (Bananarama) - their company is very professional and friendly!

We suggest Ronys Tours also- Just got back off of Carnival Magic Feb 2014. We toured the island, ziplined and saw the monkeys at Mayan Jungle, then spent the rest of the day at Half Moon Bay- very good snorkling there!

Hi,

Just wanted to add, we returned last night from our NOS cruise where we stopped in Roatan and used Victor Bodden Tours for our Highlights of Roatan tour. Victor was very prompt with communication and information on what was available. We paid $25- p.p. and were 6. We asked for a private tour, did not want a bus load, and only had certain things we wanted to do - did NOT want the bird sanctuary or Monkeys, or Zip Line. He made many suggestions and told us, in the end, it was entirely up to us what we wanted to do, and his driver Marty would accomodate. We also chose when we wanted to meet and how long we wanted to be away. Marty also directed us to a restaurant at our request that was not full of tourists and where the food was excellent. I would highly recommend Victor Bodden Tours as trustworthy and definitely cheaper than the cruise ship tours.

Marise