Past Guest Party

Dare2Believe

I guess since we started to sail with our 6 month daughter we won't be going to the party for awhile :-( sad about this, I understand if she was running around or even walking for the matter but I guess it's true we'll have to wait til she's Hold and by that time I wouldn't bring her anyways

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

In the party last month as the CD was giving the welcome, he said "how many gold". Applause... "How many Platinum". Applause... "How many red" 1 person clapped "How did you sneak in here?" Awkward silence. Then he moved on.

They were collecting tickets on both sides of all doors. In the past it had been a free for all, now they are trying to make it more exclusive.

On our cruise last year, they just opened the door and said you look like honest people and let us all pour in. I am gold, wife is red. No one seemed to worry about the papers. I say a significant other should be allowed in (especially if they are in your cabin), but no more than that.

I do find it odd that they may invite one occupant of a cabin and not the other (there are a few posts that say everyone in the cabin is invited, then others say different).

I can see not inviting the whole travelling party/other cabins but I do find it odd that only one person in a cabin are invited and the other party is excluded, especially when that other person is a significant other. I get the party if for gold and above, but typically when it comes to parties in general, you invite couples.

It doesn't really matter to me. My husband and I are both now gold, this will be our first party so we both get invited anyway, I just found it strange.

I'm platinum now but have cruised almost exclusively with cabin mates that are either blue or red. Cruised on the Dream in Jan. 2013 and specifically asked at GS if I could bring my red DD with me to the PGP and was told definitely yes. In Dec. when I cruised with my red DH we also attended the PGP without asking prior to and when handing invitation over at the door wasn't questioned at all. I have been under the impression that cabin mates were allowed to attend with invited guests. I'm generally obey rules if I know about them and surely would not want to offend others or appear to others as a scofflaw. My next couple of cruises are either solo or with gold members so won't have to worry about this again but I can assure you I'll be taking a better look at the invitation the next time around. It seems like Carnival is quite generous in allowing passengers sharing the same cabin to the benefits of the higher level passenger.

Is it wrong for me to bring my husband?

If you have an invitation, bring your husband. It your cruise! There sure are some sensitive cruisers in this thread. Is it really a party? A few drinks, nasty appetizers, and the same old film!!

I guess since we started to sail with our 6 month daughter we won't be going to the party for awhile :-( sad about this, I understand if she was running around or even walking for the matter but I guess it's true we'll have to wait til she's Hold and by that time I wouldn't bring her anyways

I would take her. A couple people here might not agree but I don't think Carnival's "Rules" are designed to keep two platinum members from attending the party just because the have a baby daughter.

As for further debate; also not interested. I too am out of here.

Peace

I've gotten yes and no answers. I will be making a trip to Guest Services. If the answer is NO I can't bring him along, I will go alone...And we are not together all day...

Not to worry. If you are gold and receive an invitation, ANYONE in your cabin is invited to join you. It's not 'breaking the rules' or the equivalent of chair hogs or smuggling.

On my last cruise without DH my girlfriend got her invitation and I was welcomed by Carnival staff to attend with her, since we were both in the same cabin.

To the OP: Different cabin? It's technically not allowed, but as others have said, if you want to try to sneak them in, just show up with the 4 people, the 2 invitations and don't cause a scene if they turn your 2 friends away.

To those saying SHAME on you, I say it costs Carnival pennies, and if it heightens the OP's fun to share this with their friends, what's the harm?

I'm platinum now but have cruised almost exclusively with cabin mates that are either blue or red. Cruised on the Dream in Jan. 2013 and specifically asked at GS if I could bring my red DD with me to the PGP and was told definitely yes. In Dec. when I cruised with my red DH we also attended the PGP without asking prior to and when handing invitation over at the door wasn't questioned at all. I have been under the impression that cabin mates were allowed to attend with invited guests. I'm generally obey rules if I know about them and surely would not want to offend others or appear to others as a scofflaw. My next couple of cruises are either solo or with gold members so won't have to worry about this again but I can assure you I'll be taking a better look at the invitation the next time around. It seems like Carnival is quite generous in allowing passengers sharing the same cabin to the benefits of the higher level passenger.

If that were the case, they would not have wasted the time and paper to print a separate invitation for my my wife and I.

Thank you for this answer!

Not to worry. If you are gold and receive an invitation, ANYONE in your cabin is invited to join you. It's not 'breaking the rules' or the equivalent of chair hogs or smuggling.

On my last cruise without DH my girlfriend got her invitation and I was welcomed by Carnival staff to attend with her, since we were both in the same cabin.

To the OP: Different cabin? It's technically not allowed, but as others have said, if you want to try to sneak them in, just show up with the 4 people, the 2 invitations and don't cause a scene if they turn your 2 friends away.

To those saying SHAME on you, I say it costs Carnival pennies, and if it heightens the OP's fun to share this with their friends, what's the harm?

If that were the case, they would not have wasted the time and paper to print a separate invitation for my my wife and I.

I won't get confrontational, so I'll just repeat what I said in my earlier post- having a few extra guests at the PGP accompanying valid invitees costs Carnival pennies. Their goal in changing the format was to give it more appeal, to make it seem worthwhile. I suspect that's the same reason they gave your wife her own invitation. First of all, she's earned it. Secondly she could well be offended if, as a gold member, she didn't receive her own invitation. Thirdly a second piece of paper costs even less than other cabin members attending the PGP!

Everybody in our cabin had a ticket with our names on them which were collected at the door. You can probably bring somebody but it will probably be awkward for all those involved.

Just reporting back that I attended the party as a Gold level with Mom who is Red and there was no awkwardness for anyone, they took my invitation and put beads on both of us without even questioning my Mom.

I can see how GPD cruisers would be upset at others enjoying PG parties or FTTF folks horning in on their perks. But why let it upset you? They still get way more cooler perks because they've earned them. That being said I'm Red...not much more to go until gold. Would I like to enjoy the PG party and meet others? Sure....I think it stinks that folks can't be cool and just be friendly...why must you not be cruise worthy until you meet GPD status? Also I think FTTF is a great idea...I purchased it this time and hope it's awesome..it's our 15th anniversary so we wanted it to be awesome. Who says anyone isn't entitled to making a special occasion even more special by having it be stress free? After all we are all going on vacation to be stress free and enjoy ourselves right?

Please take her! It's a nice party, it's nothing wild and crazy, to those that say it is not appropriate because of drinks being served; there are drinks being served all over the ship. Go with your family and enjoy.

This question has been asked in multiple post. I don't understand why people would want to risk the embarrassment of being turned away. Is a free drink really worth it?

Bottom line, if you don't receive an invitation, no you shouldn't "sneak in"

Edited by camarowesley

Does any one have a picture of their invites? Just curious as all 4 of us will be gold in August.

No, sorry. DW and I used ours and I didn't think to take a picture of it. It's a card about 5x4 inches in size with each person's name on it. They were delivered to the cabin the day before the party.

Does any one have a picture of their invites? Just curious as all 4 of us will be gold in August.

Here is mine...from last week.

DSC028231-vi.jpg

There is no wording that says it is intended solely for the recipient, it does not say "do not bring a guest" but it also does not say to do so. I can say that I asked John Heald in advance if it was OK to bring my Mom, he said yes of course it was OK to bring her. Also Goose our CD said it was absolutely OK.

Edited by Danacat222

Thank you for this answer!

I see that the only one who you thanked is one who gave you the answer you wanted to hear instead of the ones who gave you, what I personally think, is the correct answer.

I agree that there is some ambiguity on this issue, but the invitation is for gold and up members only and does not mention anything about bringing guests.

Just because carnival employees don't always enforce the rule doesn't mean it is not a rule. Most people still agree chair hogging is against the rules even though carnival generally doesn't enforce it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

This question has been asked in multiple post. I don't understand why people would want to risk the embarrassment of being turned away. Is a free drink really worth it?

Bottom line, if you don't receive an invitation, no you shouldn't "sneak in"

Do people really embarrass so easily? I'm cruising in a few months with my cruising buddies (parents) and I'm pretty sure they'll be Gold. I'll try to go to the party but if I get turned away, I'll wish the person a nice day and go on my merry way. I won't feel embarrassed over it.

Oh and if there was a way to prove that I was on a Carnival cruise in 1982, I'd be a Gold member too.

I see that the only one who you thanked is one who gave you the answer you wanted to hear instead of the ones who gave you, what I personally think, is the correct answer.

I agree that there is some ambiguity on this issue, but the invitation is for gold and up members only and does not mention anything about bringing guests.

Just because carnival employees don't always enforce the rule doesn't mean it is not a rule. Most people still agree chair hogging is against the rules even though carnival generally doesn't enforce it.

There are signs up about chair hogging. If you asked an employee if you could hold one for over 40 minutes, the answer would be no. Although I do agree they don't enforce it.

From what I've seen no one has enforced the no guest "rule". In fact, as pointed out a couple of times in this thread many employees have said it was allowed, including the head cruise director and spokesperson for Carnival - John Heald.

There are signs up about chair hogging. If you asked an employee if you could hold one for over 40 minutes, the answer would be no. Although I do agree they don't enforce it.

From what I've seen no one has enforced the no guest "rule". In fact, as pointed out a couple of times in this thread many employees have said it was allowed, including the head cruise director and spokesperson for Carnival - John Heald.

In previous threads on this issue, there have been accounts of people turned away. Just because certain employees have given the wrong answer does not mean it is not the rule.

John Heald also told people the can use electronic cigarettes anywhere they want except MDR. That is not the rule. The actual rule is using them only where cigarettes are smoked. I don't agree with the rule and Heald gave contrary information but I would still follow the actual rule.

Can you direct me to Carnival's website where it specifically says only those with invitations can attend the PPG?

Just because carnival employees don't always enforce the rule doesn't mean it is not a rule. Most people still agree chair hogging iagainst the rs ules even though carnival generally doesn't enforce it.

Edited by awhcruiser

Here is mine...from last week.

DSC028231-vi.jpg

There is no wording that says it is intended solely for the recipient, it does not say "do not bring a guest" but it also does not say to do so. I can say that I asked John Heald in advance if it was OK to bring my Mom, he said yes of course it was OK to bring her. Also Goose our CD said it was absolutely OK.

The wording..

Dana Bland, 7256. Your Presence is Requested

clearly indicates Dana Bland is the one and only invitee.