Is the Royal Suite worth it over a Celebrity Suite on M class?

andnosyd

Sky_Suite_schematic_460x256.jpg

Celebrity_Suite_schematics_460x256.jpg

Thank you I was hoping someone would post those diagrams. I think the CS is a wonderful stateroom on the "S" class ships...doesn't cost nearly as much as the RS, has two entrances to the bathroom, which provides lots of privacy, a private bedroom that while small is still, well, private!!!! and the balcony is much larger than you would get with an S2

Edited by Gracie115

Thank you I was hoping someone would post those diagrams. I think the CS is a wonderful stateroom on the "S" class ships...doesn't cost nearly as much as the RS, has two entrances to the bathroom, which provides lots of privacy, a private bedroom that while small is still, well, private!!!! And in xxxx the room we have booked for our TA next year the balcony is quite large....MUCH larger than a standard S2 would have....:D

Ha - we have that room in a couple of weeks, and we had it last summer in the Mediterranean too. Traveling with our kid, it's really nice to have the separate spaces. We loved the Sky Suite, too, hard to complain about any of them.

Edited by Leia
she edited her room number

Ha - we have that room in a couple of weeks, and we had it last summer in the Mediterranean too. Traveling with our kid, it's really nice to have the separate spaces. We loved the Sky Suite, too, hard to complain about any of them.

Yes, they are all great!! Just feel lucky to be on the ship period!!!:D

We are very excited about the TA next year!!:)

As Curt said, not yet for the extra perks.

Which deck CS were you on? Ours was SO quiet!

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

We were on deck 6, and there was a very strange noise coming from the deep part of the ship that sounded like maybe the kitchen. It keep up awake for two weeks, not to add the bed was again the outside wall.

The trip we are considering is After April 15

Penthouse nor royals get free internet yet. That doesn't start until April 2015. reflection DOES currently however. The rest of the perks don't apply until that time as well, but I am not sure or the Reflection suite may already get them. I know it currently gets free mini bar, not sure about beverage package and unlimited specialty dining at this time.

Currently all suites (including Sky suites) get 1 specialty dining on short cruises and 2 on longer cruises.

Yes, and the trip we are considering in after April 15, 2015

Having been in both, the bathroom is the biggest diffference between the CS and RS. There is a tub and a shower stall in the RS, the CS only has a very deep tub with a shower. It can be difficult getting in and out of the tub. The staff built a step but even that was difficult.

I love the open windows in the CS but cannot do it anymore.

I agree. The bathroom in the royal suite is much nicer. A separate shower is a must as far as I'm concerned. Also the balcony is much larger. These comments apply to M class ships only, I have no experience of these suites on S class ships.

We were on deck 6, and there was a very strange noise coming from the deep part of the ship that sounded like maybe the kitchen. It keep up awake for two weeks, not to add the bed was again the outside wall.

The trip we are considering is After April 15

We haven't been on deck 6 yet in a CS, but hope it's not a problem for our 4 weeks coming up later this year on Millie. I always book whenever possible with cabins above, and ideally below too.

We'll see what happens in November, I like my sleep!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We haven't been on deck 6 yet in a CS, but hope it's not a problem for our 4 weeks coming up later this year on Millie. I always book whenever possible with cabins above, and ideally below too.

We'll see what happens in November, I like my sleep!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We were in 6106 on the Millennium a week ago and except for some crazy loud scraping noises early in the morning one day we didn't hear a thing.

Later that day we were informed that there was some issues with the vacuum system and the toilets were out of order. I assume the scraping we heard was from maintenance related to that.

Other than that one event, the bedroom was quiet and very dark.

We were in 6106 on the Millennium a week ago and except for some crazy loud scraping noises early in the morning one day we didn't hear a thing.

Later that day we were informed that there was some issues with the vacuum system and the toilets were out of order. I assume the scraping we heard was from maintenance related to that.

Other than that one event, the bedroom was quiet and very dark.

Thanks for the info. That might just be our cabin for 4 weeks in Asia ;)

Anything else we should know?

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. That might just be our cabin for 4 weeks in Asia ;)

Anything else we should know?

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

You should know the reports about the tub design/height are true.

We figured we would be fine, but even my wife (under 40 and 5'8") said when the ship was rolling a little bit that it was a little scary getting out of the tub.

Be careful!

Edit: oh, and bring an adapter if you have an iphone5+, the in room radio thingy has only the old connector on it. I guess android/everyone else is out of luck as well.

Edited by pantoot