Carnival Splendor February 2014

cruiser10126

So i am going on a cruise, February 13th, departing out of new york, coming back the 21st, this is the week that most schools have their mid winter break here on long island so i just have a few questions.

1: This is only my second time cruising, first time out of new york, so i was wondering, we are heading towards florida, but have 2 full days before getting there, so the 14th and 15th, and we are in florida the 16th will it be cold those days at sea?

2: Since the 14th is valentines day, does carnival do anything special?

3: Since this is a Valentines day cruise, but is on the break for most kids, do you think there will be any kids on the cruise?

4: Anyone been on the carnival splendor? is there a lot to do? give me reviews please

Thankyou everyone!!

So i am going on a cruise, February 13th, departing out of new york, coming back the 21st, this is the week that most schools have their mid winter break here on long island so i just have a few questions.

1: This is only my second time cruising, first time out of new york, so i was wondering, we are heading towards florida, but have 2 full days before getting there, so the 14th and 15th, and we are in florida the 16th will it be cold those days at sea?

3: Since this is a Valentines day cruise, but is on the break for most kids, do you think there will be any kids on the cruise?

4: Anyone been on the carnival splendor? is there a lot to do? give me reviews please

Thankyou everyone!!

1. Yes - I would expect it to be cool...if not cold. I would think it would not be comfortable to be outside, at least the first day.

2. They make it an Elegant night - if they can. Since it's a sea day - and your first full day at sea - that's probably the plan.

3. Don't know

4. We enjoyed the Splendor - the color scheme takes some getting used too. The pink, black and lime green - not to mention the "donuts" - was quite different that any other carnival ship we'd been on! But that wasn't even a point of discussion - after the first day! ;)

Hope this helps!

Probably, bring a sweater or jacket

It may be elegant night

Yes, anytime schools are out=more kids sailing

Yes, it's a lot of fun. There are hundreds of Splendor reviews all over cc. Here on the boards and via the main review page.

I have cruise out of NY in the winter and for me it was cold the first sea day by the second sea day it was a lot warmer. It was warm enough to sit outside. Plus they will have the cover over the main pool til it warms up

I don't the answer to this one.

There will for sure be a lot of kids. Anytime you cruise when school is out there are more kids.

Never been on the splendor but the review for the most part seem to be good. We will be on her this March.

Edited by muffin83

Thankyou everyone!!

Yes first 2 days and the last 2 days = COLD.

Thankyou everyone!!

2) I posed this question to John H on Facebook and he said that there will be a special dessert and the ladies will receive a gift. There will also be special activities.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

Sent from my iPod

Any time kids are out of school there will be more kids on board. Valentine's Day wouldn't change that.

We loved the Splendor. There was always something to do. The decor was tacky but we got a kick out of just how awful it was - very 80s, even though she's nowhere near that old. The buffet and MDR food was average to good, but I don't expect gourmet. The steakhouse meal, with the exception of dessert, was one of the best meals of our lives, and we're well-traveled foodies.

I'm sure it will be cold those first and last two days, but there will be plenty to do inside.

Any cruise out do NY in February. The first day is going to be cool. Second day somewhat better. But could be cool. Third day by FL should be nicer. Also water can be real ruff going out of NY in the winter. Ruff until NC . Same problem coming home. You can sit outside and feel it getting coolder every minute