Belize and Iguanas

scrapycruiser

The only iguanas we saw in Belize was when we were on the River part of Altum Ha/River Wallace tour. We did not see any at the ruins. Just on the shore while we were in the boat.

The ones we saw along the River were much larger than any others I have seen, such as the little ones in Mexico. I think if I met one on land I would definitely go the other way quickly. They reminded me of some kind of dinosaur, almost prehistoric looking.

Edited by wantocruisemore

I agree phobias are very real. I have a bird phobia and while on the beach in Costa Maya, I felt like I was going to be attacked by all of the different birds. I am sure I made a fool of myself but I don't care. You can only duck so much before people start to notice. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply.

In previous forums people would make jokes about this.

But phobias are anything but funny. I love to cruise and mostly in the Caribbean, so I just have to deal with it or stay on the ship.

Thanks again !

I agree, phobias aren't funny. I feel the same way about snakes. I'm really hoping that I won't see any along the riverbanks on the air boat ride we are taking in Belize. They just scare me to death even if they aren't close to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent a week in Belize a couple of months ago and saw many iguanas, as I have every time I've been in Puerto Rico. They were obviously more afraid of me than I was of them because they didn't come close.