Included drinks and food?

Stoffel1982

Hi fellow cruisers, we'll be on the Celebrity Reflection next summer and i'm not sure about buying the drink packages. We don't drink a lot, but we do like a coffee with our breakfast, a coke with lunch and wine during diner.

Are softdrinks and non premium coffees included in the standard rate? If so, are they available all day long?

Oh and what are the (included) options for breakfast and lunch besides the buffet...

Thank you!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Breakfast is also served in the MDR, which is open for lunch on sea days as well.

As for beverages, there is a Premium Soft Drink package which may fit the bill if you don't drink much alcohol. It includes fresh orange juice, soft drinks, specialty teas and coffees in Cafe Al Bacio, and premium mineral water. No fizzy soft drinks such as Coke are available for free.

That said, regular coffee and tea are always available in the buffet, as are fruit drinks, water and lemonade. Some people hate them, some people find them OK! I myself find them 'acceptable'. I find the soft drinks package good value.

I will also be sailing on the Celebrity Reflection next September. We just recently booked our cruise. Celebrity is offering The 123 Pormotion which includes the Classic Beverage Package plus either gratuities or onboard credit. Since we are cruising in Europe we received 2 promos. This promo ends the end of February. If you were not offered this promo check with your travel agent or Celebrity and see if it can added it to your booking.

Good Luck

So no soft drinks are included. But coffee, teas, hot chocolate, orange juice, iced tea and some type of punch are available 24/7 at no cost.

If you just want a coke at lunch, it's easy to buy them one at a time for about $2.50.

Breakfast is buffet or MDR as stated; grilled hamburgers and hot dogs are available at the pool grill, and the Aqua Spa café has a selection of lighter/healthier items for both breakfast and lunch, most of which are at no cost.

Bistro on 5 serves wonderful crepes for both breakfast and main meals as well as soups, salads and paninis for $5.00.

A glass of wine at dinner will cost about $8-12. Or you can buy a bottle, and they will store it for you til the next night if you do not finish it.

Hope this helps.

So no soft drinks are included. But coffee, teas, hot chocolate, orange juice, iced tea and some type of punch are available 24/7 at no cost.

If you just want a coke at lunch, it's easy to buy them one at a time for about $2.50.

Breakfast is buffet or MDR as stated; grilled hamburgers and hot dogs are available at the pool grill, and the Aqua Spa café has a selection of lighter/healthier items for both breakfast and lunch, most of which are at no cost.

Bistro on 5 serves wonderful crepes for both breakfast and main meals as well as soups, salads and paninis for $5.00.

A glass of wine at dinner will cost about $8-12. Or you can buy a bottle, and they will store it for you til the next night if you do not finish it.

Hope this helps.

Ice Tea is also available 24/7. My son who is an adult who doesn't drink had the soft drink package, it was really great for him, lots of variety with soda's, water, etc.

Thanks for all the information!

About the $5 ... You pay $5 and can order whatever you want?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes. At Bistro on 5, the charge is $5. For $5 you order all the FOOD that you want for the meal. You are not limited in the amount of food that you order. Drinks (other than the included drinks - water, iced tea, etc.) are extra.

Careful about iced tea. We ordered it at dinner in Blu, and it came with a bill. On the other hand, hot tea was free. I just started ordering hot tea throughout the meal, which suited me fine.

We used the promotion for gratuities, and don't drink enough soft drinks to make a package worthwhile.

Thanks for all the information!

About the $5 ... You pay $5 and can order whatever you want?

Absolutely! But the portions are huge, DH decided to have soup, salad AND panini and could not finish the latter. Strangely enough, he managed to 'steal' some of my chocolate dessert even though he declared himself too full to have one himself. Grrrrr!

Careful about iced tea. We ordered it at dinner in Blu, and it came with a bill. On the other hand, hot tea was free. I just started ordering hot tea throughout the meal, which suited me fine.

We used the promotion for gratuities, and don't drink enough soft drinks to make a package worthwhile.

Are you sure you didn't have some type of specialty ice tea. I rarely drink anything other than ice tea and have never been charged for it anywhere on the ship including specialties and Blu on numerous occasions. I believe if they did charge it was a mistake.

Edited by dkjretired

Are you sure you didn't have some type of specialty ice tea. I rarely drink anything other than ice tea and have never been charged for it anywhere on the ship including specialties and Blu on numerous occasions. I believe if they did charge it was a mistake.

Wow. I have that one charge for $2.88 on my statement. Perhaps they delivered me some kind of special tea. Anyway, I had a great cruise and I'm sure not gonna quibble now.

But thanks for setting me straight!

Maybe GRBlizz was served Long Island Iced Tea with his meal in Blu!

George

If so, $2.88 was a deal!

I drink a lot of iced tea through the day; if out at the pool, I grab it at the Mast Grill, otherwise at the buffet which I generally do not frequent. Of course that's interspersed with Pina Coladas!

Hi fellow cruisers, we'll be on the Celebrity Reflection next summer and i'm not sure about buying the drink packages. We don't drink a lot, but we do like a coffee with our breakfast, a coke with lunch and wine during diner.

If that's all you drink, you are better off buying what you want instead of getting the drink package. You can also look into the wine packages, but I don't have personal experience with them. As others have said, the normal coffee is free. The specialty coffee (espresso, lattes) are for a fee. The coke is just a few bucks, or you can get a lemonade, juice, or iced tea for free.

when folks say orange juice and coffee are free, that does NOT include fresh orange juice and it includes the institutional coffee they serve in the buffet area....which, by most any standard, is not really good coffee. The iced tea is like any other powdered/mixed iced tea...but it's really OK (perhaps because I'm used to that type of iced tea).

If good coffee and/or fresh squeezed orange juice are important to you...then consider a drink package which includes expresso coffee (and cappuccino/etc) and fresh orange juice.