Just back from Reflection

LiseD

Hmmm, I believe that's the Oak Ridge Rally?

http://www.oakridgeboys.com/rally

That would help to explain why there is a large group. I have never seen that many young people on Celebrity in what I would call a 'normal' demographic mix where there is not a large group involved. Never seen a large young group on Celebrity. In all our sailings, I can't remember ever seeing a large group on Celebrity.

We have been on Mariner of Seas with the Harley Davidson Hogs of the High Seas. They had approx. 1300 people out of 3500 on our sailing. It was an interesting cruise and the age of the group was 40-60 in general. Many brought their bikes onboard to ride at a couple of our ports of call.

I am surprised that that there would be that many young people for the Oak Ridge Boys in general. Glad to see it though.

Edited by shipshape sam

The "taxis" are really converted type open air trucks that hold about 12 people. There is a covered roof and long seats. They are lined up where you get off the ferry. It was $25 per person. We only had 8 of us (4 in our party and they put us with 2 other couples) so was not crowded. Had a great driver, very friendly.

Tour last about 2 hours and he would either drop you back off where you started or leave you at a nearby beach. We stayed in town and ate lunch, shopped and just walked around and it was time to go back on the ferry ride. (About a 45 min. boat ride) If you go to a beach you do have to pay another taxi to bring you back to the ferry.

The views are just amazing on St. John, by far my favorite stop on this trip.

Edited by LiseD

I am surprised that that there would be that many young people for the Oak Ridge Boys in general. Glad to see it though.

Sorry, some confusion here... the video is definitely NOT the rally. I was pointing out to Oceanview77 who seems to like the music in the video that they should be aware that their upcoming cruise (Feb 22 on Reflection) will feature the Oak Ridge Boys Rally. I would expect a decidedly different demographic (and at least some of the music) to the one in the video to be prevalent for this cruise.

All time favorite song...Led Zeppelin...Stairway to Heaven

From your previous posts, I would have NEVER pegged you as a fan... ;)

...but as far as LZ goes, try "The Battle of Evermore" :cool:

Then there is always Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Head East, as well as Pink Floyd. :p

I would NEVER expect ANY of these groups, (probably not even their most popular songs) to be played on a Celebrity ship, even though *I* absolute LOVE 'em... (along with Jethro Tull!) because they were, more or less, "fringe."

(and yes I know Dark Side of the Moon is STILL selling...)

I would have thought that the Celebrity entertainment/marketing types would be sharp enough to figure out, that all they need to do to keep 95% of their guests VERY HAPPY is to mostly, play music from five years prior, to 15 years after, the year their average age guest(s) graduated from high school.

But in light of the decsion by Celebrity "Suits" to have the obnoxious, claws-on-a-chalk-board stuff playing in the Martini Bar...

...bring on the Karn Evil 9 at 1000 watts! :eek: :rolleyes:

Edited by teecee60

In one of the big shows with dancers/singers the girl that can bend her body every which way I can't danced to a Led Zepplin song from their "House of the Holy" LP. Speaking of CSN, still touring this year. Great concert if you can catch them and tickets usually under $100 which is way better than the Rolling Stones at $1000 a seat.

I like all kinds of music...with exception of that crap they played in the Martini Bar. Just not for me (I agree nails on a chalkboard!!)... Give me some Billy Holiday (any jazz), Disco, or Rock and I would be a happy camper!

$100 a seat tickets...unheard of in these parts...going to have to check it out!!!

Recently went to an Earth Wind & Fire concert. Not quite the same but enjoyable. Meatloaf was darn good!

Favorite music to work out to... The Doors and wait for it........the best of Bobby Darin. :D :confused:

Edited by 20pluscruises

I think Celebrity needs to hire you all as music consultants!!! I am liking your choices WAY better than what we heard!! ha ha And if they just turned the volume down a notch so we can hear each other speak....well that would have been great also!!

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I was a club DJ. Back then the Sugarhill Gang's Rappers delight was edgy and scratch mixing involved baking cakes. I too enjoy all forms of music except the modern hip hop and rap. You'd think celebrity would at least play some music geared to us 50+ something's since we are their primary demographic.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I was a club DJ. Back then the Sugarhill Gang's Rappers delight was edgy and scratch mixing involved baking cakes. I too enjoy all forms of music except the modern hip hop and rap. You'd think celebrity would at least play some music geared to us 50+ something's since we are their primary demographic.

Galaxy far far away LOL!!!

I think they want to divorce us old folk....want to send us all off to livinginavandownbytheriver

Edited by 20pluscruises

Favorite music to work out to...

I THOUGHT I was done with my rant... but then you went and brought THIS up! :D

The OTHER place on the ship where the music is as loud and obnoxious as the Martini Bar... :confused:

...is the GYM!!! :mad:

Yes, I know that a majority of people there all have headphones/earbuds. (and I may have to join them... just to escape the claws-on-the-chalkboard music :rolleyes:)

I have but 5 cruises on Celebrity, a total of 73 days, made "Elite" in November, just before all the changes took place to Captains Club.

I wrote reviews for 4 out of the five cruises, and all were posted on Cruise Critic. I also responded to Celebrity's post cruise email request for a critique.

ALL were nearly IDENTICAL... RAVED about cabins and room stewards, food and wait staff, bars and servers, appearance and cleanliness of the ship, public areas and gym, friendliness and professionalism of crew, reasonable fares and value.

My single and solitary, continuing complaint was about... you guessed it... the MUSIC. :eek:

Edited by teecee60

Watched the video and have NEVER seen that many young people on a Celebrity ship. Thought I was watching a Royal Caribbean or Carnival sailing.

In the video it looked like they were having fun jumping up and down.

My teenage children had such a good time last summer on the Eclipse, that they don't want to go back to RCCL. We are sailing the Med on the Reflection this July. Years ago we cruised on the Equinox in the beginning of June and the demographics were completely different. Maybe Celebrity can make a compromise, and adapt the music to the demographics on the different sailings. Some people are always going to complain, but if they are cruising when children are out of school, then they should expect more families and a "louder" environment. BTW, I don't like "loud", love to have a conversation without the need to scream. Maybe that's one of the reasons we prefer the Molecular Bar. Well that, and the Ginger mojitos…:D:D:D

Sounds like you wrote a review for our cruise on Reflection on their NYE cruise a few weeks ago. Same young crowd at Martini bar every night and when that closed they moved up to Sky disco lounge. Great ship and a great cruise is what we had too. I heard no RAP music the week we were on. Current pop I guess is what they call it. Katy Perry, Pitbull, etc music is what we heard. But you real disco lovers, the BeeGees are not all dead yet. Barry Gibb is embarking on a USA tour soon and will do all those 70's tunes we loved so much to dance to John Travolta style.

I have to snicker at the people who say Celebrity plays rap music...it's just stuff that can be found on any Top 40 radio station! Pitbull is NOT rap..LMAO