Perks of booking next cruise onboard

cspryor

DH and I are going on Liberty in April and we are looking to book a family cruise four our 10 year anniversary for Summer of 2015. Since we are going we are thinking of booking our next cruise on board.

What are some of the benefits, if any, for booking on board? On board credit, etc? I realize that might be dependent on different factors.

Have any of you veterans done this and what has been your experience?

Thanks for the info!

DH and I are going on Liberty in April and we are looking to book a family cruise four our 10 year anniversary for Summer of 2015. Since we are going we are thinking of booking our next cruise on board.

What are some of the benefits, if any, for booking on board? On board credit, etc? I realize that might be dependent on different factors.

Have any of you veterans done this and what has been your experience?

Thanks for the info!

This will give you some info:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/13033003a_NextCruise_OpenBooking_Form_US.pdf

Edited by clarea

We usually book our next cruise while on a ship - perks are lower deposits, on board credits. We have found the cheapest prices for some of our cruises because they are usually at least a year in the future. I have found prices usually go up not down. Some folks get a deal and they manage to get a price drop, but that hasn't happened to us. :D

The summer 2015 and beyond schedule may not be out while you are on the boat, just so you know.

You can still purchase the certificates that give you all the perks of course (costs the same per person as booking an actual reservation). I'm in the same boat (oops, pun) as you as I will be on Allure the first week of April but have cruises I want to book for summer 2015 and beyond. I'm going to purchase the certificates myself so I can book as soon as the schedule opens up.

No one but Royal knows when those schedules will officially be released.

Edited by JasonV1

This link is a voucher for any next cruise, which is great but what if you know the cruise you want to book? Do you have a link to what exactly you get if you book your next cruise on board?

This link is a voucher for any next cruise, which is great but what if you know the cruise you want to book? Do you have a link to what exactly you get if you book your next cruise on board?

Same benefits booking a specific cruise or open booking.

Main difference is booking a specific cruise is refundable if you cancel. The amount you initially spend ($100) on the open booking is not refundable.

That states that your next cruise will be booked through the TA that you used for this cruise. Do you know if it can be changed to another TA? We are definitely going to be booking another cruise, but will be using a different TA.

That states that your next cruise will be booked through the TA that you used for this cruise. Do you know if it can be changed to another TA? We are definitely going to be booking another cruise, but will be using a different TA.

Yes, it can be changed, but you have to tell the Loyalty Ambassador up front that you want a change in TA.

Guest maddycat

You can have the booking assigned to another TA. Or you can make the booking with out it being assigned to any TA.