Restaurants in Quebec City.

You can literally walk any street in Old Quebec City and find multiple choices of what you are looking for.

In the summertime, the restaurants all post thier menus on boards outside, and many even have outdoor patios for when the weather is nice.

All of these restaurants will feature excellent food, an amazing array of choices, very nice to fabulous wines, and a relaxed ambiance.

This is one place where you can literally not plan ahead and follow your whimsey, and not be disappointed.

Enjoy Old Quebec !

:)

Edited by p_mori7

I'm looking for good places for a nice dinner in Quebec City this June. The ship has an overnight before we head out to sea. We like modern or classic foods, nothing to stiff in terms of atmosphere.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

One of my favs down by the port is Restaurant Initiale. It's been a while, but the last time I went there it was excellent. No outdoor terrace, however, so if that's important to you (it's kind of a 'thing' in Old Quebec, ironic since the season is so short), then you can walk down the road to Laurie Raphael.

But, as stated, you can simply walk around and read menus until you see something to your liking.

I've got to agree with Maryann on the 'avoid random restaurant with a waiter outside' angle. We had a real stinker of a meal our first trip to Quebec City, right near the top of the funicular in one of the 'authentic olde Quebecois' places. I wish I could remember the name of the resto to warn you off specifically! We also had a tremendous meal the day before just around the corner in a place we found the same way - Quebec is no different than any other city in the variable quality of the restaurants in the touristy parts, so when you're planning one special meal it's just not worth the risk.

Possibly *too* casual for your needs but I really like it is Lapin Saute - if you like rabbit, as I do, this place delivers in spades.

Interesting and modern, though the decor is a bit too nightclub chic for me, Versa has some genuinely intriguing dishes (salmon tartare with Rice Krispies anyone?) and might fit your needs very well.

Hands-down the best meal I ever had in Quebec City was a conference dinner at Le Continental. Normally I find even a very pricey large group meal less-than-ideal, catering to so many people simultaneously never allows a kitchen to shine IMO - but their dishes were all perfectly chosen to allow easy simultaneous prep and the staff were like a well-oiled machine. Spanked the pants off the best the Fairmont could do. My next trip to Quebec I am most definitely coming here to see what they can do when it's just a table for two...

We've had some wonderful food in Quebec City and so agree about avoiding the restaurants with waiters trying to lure you in. If the restaurant is really wonderful, they don't need to do that. ;) But if we are trying a new restaurant that we choose by strolling around, we always ask to read the menu before we ask for a table.

Edited by sail7seas

A little local secret,

One with a great nice relaxing atmosphere, is Aviatic club, and very nice food, always well prepared. (they pay attention to preparing the plate, and it is 99% of the time perfect) and wait staff very very nice, excellent service!!

check it out on trip advisor, or urban spoon - (reviews with pictures)

its in the old 100 year old train station but of course has been renovated since then. lol

Who would think to eat at a train station!! (but its a very clean and pretty place)

I have eaten many times at Laurie Raphael, Saint Amour,-(a bit stuffy there) ect and pretty well every other good restaurant in Quebec city.

yes they are good, usually!! but have also had some not too stellar meals also.

Aviatic club is pretty darn good ( since 20 years)

If not for dinner

Even just pop in for lunch, they always have fresh fish delivered every day in the morning, and they put out the menu at 1030 am for lunch.

you can check on their website believe its, aviatic.ca next week you will see that at 1030 weekdays they will post the menu du jour (lunch up to 1400 hrs) link on their website.

Its one of my favorites in Quebec city, re quality, price & service & certainly atmosphere.

Note: the dinner menu will have prob changed by May, but some of the classics like Sea bass & steaks would still be on there.

and the amazing chocolate dessert Messerschmitt bf 109. if you like chocolate just have that. (quality chocolate it is)

Cheers

Edited by wilsonqbc

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fellow cruisers !

Let me tell you that I am so exited to take a cruise leaving my hometown Quebec city !

There's plenty restaurants in Quebec City even in a public bus distance of 25 minutes. Walk uptown near Place d'Youville and take 800 or 801 toward Sainte-Foy. Near Place Laurier (call Laurier now) you can fin full of restaurants but at a local/standard prices.

If you want to pay more, that's true, you can go in a TTrap inside the walls (the Vieux-Québec). :eek:

Holacanada on Veendam next july !