Trying to Decide Classic or Premium Package

tlund

Trying to figure out whether to purchase the classic or premium beverage package. The determining factor is going to be what's the price for the drinks that will be ordered. Typical drinks are a shot and a beer or a southern comfort manhattan. Anyone know if the $8 price limit would cover a shot of Canadian Club and separately a Southern Comfort Manhattan? Would rather not purchase the Premium package if those are the only drinks that would be ordered and they would be covered under the classic package.

Trying to figure out whether to purchase the classic or premium beverage package. The determining factor is going to be what's the price for the drinks that will be ordered. Typical drinks are a shot and a beer or a southern comfort manhattan. Anyone know if the $8 price limit would cover a shot of Canadian Club and separately a Southern Comfort Manhattan? Would rather not purchase the Premium package if those are the only drinks that would be ordered and they would be covered under the classic package.

On the Celebrity website, Canadian Club and Southern Comfort are listed with the classic package.

We upgraded to the premium because we don't want to miss anything. LOL. Have fun! And drink (semi) responsibly! :rolleyes:

On the Celebrity website, Canadian Club and Southern Comfort are listed with the classic package.

We upgraded to the premium because we don't want to miss anything. LOL. Have fun! And drink (semi) responsibly! :rolleyes:

where can i find the list of drinks included in each package?

where can i find the list of drinks included in each package?

Look under the drink packages tab, and then choose the classic option and a partial list of available drinks will pop in another window. Same with the premium link, but only showing those in addition to the classic package.

Try this link.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic&ComponentTypeId=30&categoryId=&currencyCode=USD

That link as well as dozens of others seem to be out of service and have been for months now. Rumor has it the ex-Obamacare website employees are now working for Celebrity website. Still can't print out luggage tags. Did you not get the Classic package for free when you booked? Sounds like you can get by fine with classic package. What I found odd is nowhere is there a list of prices of all the drinks. Some bars have prices for their specialty drinks but finding an actual drink price list I did not. So I did hear on other threads that due to the popularity of the 123Go deal that so many were getting the Classic package for free and taking advantage of it that they raised the price on several of the more popular drinks by 50 cents so they don't qualify for the Classic(Up to $8 limit). You won't find a martini for that price and many of the fancier cocktails are over $8. And if you don't know the price and order one over $8 you pay the entire bill plus tip as it is not included. On the premium if you order over your $13 limit you are only charged the difference plus tip. I upgraded to premium on the ship first day for $80 and felt I got my $80 worth easily since the Classic package was free for booking early when I got it. First day I drink 5 Martinis at $11 each. Also package deals are not good for any bar BOGOs.

We had no problem with the classic package. Even the ungodly sweet frufru drinks you wouldn't dream of drinking anywhere else as they only seem to taste good on a cruise all seemed to be covered. My go to drink is just a gin and tonic so I am easy to please. Husband's go to is a beer. If I wanted a martini or two, I bought one. Who cares? I am on vacation. It was a joy not to have to worry about having sufficient water in the cabin or having fresh OJ every day. Or trying something different on the bar menu made a difference to the holiday. I would always try and have a beverage package on a cruise now. It just makes things so much easier.

The main advantages of the Premium Package for us is that we can try a lot more of the drinks on offer, including those at the Molecular Bar.

If we were just going to have a straight forward beer or spirit and mixer drink, we wouldn't bother with it, and would stick to the Classic. I once had the latter while DH had the Premium as I thought all of my drinks would be covered. At times, though, I wanted to try something not on the Classic and had to pay full price. I found it a bit limiting so now we both have the Premium from the start.

get the standard package, try it for the first day (or two).

You can always upgrade onboard if you feel the need.

You CANNOT, however downgrade.

There is no difference in cost to upgrade now, or upgrade later, except the upgrade later may be less $$ if its for fewer days.

A shot and a beer are two separate drinks. You can only order one drink at a time under any package

Well aware that you can only order one drink at a time. Can order the beer then a few minutes later order the shot.

Well aware that you can only order one drink at a time. Can order the beer then a few minutes later order the shot.

You have to have the bottle empty before they bring you another one if I remember correctly, and with a shot, well of course you just slam that down, right? Then you are able to order another drink within moments, correct?

Silly rules. :rolleyes: Although I understand that they do not want "package people" providing drinks to others.

You have to have the bottle empty before they bring you another one if I remember correctly, and with a shot, well of course you just slam that down, right? Then you are able to order another drink within moments, correct?

Silly rules. :rolleyes: Although I understand that they do not want "package people" providing drinks to others.

I would not be surprised if you could actually order a shot and beer at the same time. I have never done it. I have been offered and ordered a double, so I would think a shot and beer would be covered by the premium package, but maybe not with the classic.

That link as well as dozens of others seem to be out of service and have been for months now. Rumor has it the ex-Obamacare website employees are now working for Celebrity website.

That link just worked fine for me. Perhaps because of your anti-Obamacare feelings Homeland Security has put you on some No-Link list? ;)