Promenade deck on Equinox ?

Cozzette2

We are thinking of trying the Equinox to the Caribbean. We have done Princess, Royal Caribbean and Carnival. There are things we love about all of the lines but so far we have enjoyed Princess the most. One of the things that I enjoy about Princess is the wrap around promenade deck. I love putting on the Ipod and just walking and taking in the scenery.

However, the Princess ship that does the Caribbean is not a ship that sounds to my liking and I would like to try something new.

Does the Equinox have a wraparound promenade of just a jogging trail ?

Deck 15 on Reflection is not broken in half like the Equinox, so we were able to 'adapt' our run from the basketball court all the way aft thru the Sunset Bar area. We will see this Nov just how tight the aft circle on Equinox is. We may be forced to go to the 'dread' mill :D for a good run.

You can stroll front to back on either side of deck 5, just no outside wrap around, and you have to be aware of the smoking area.

Edited by wallie5446

Deck 15 on Reflection is not broken in half like the Equinox, so we were able to 'adapt' our run from the basketball court all the way aft thru the Sunset Bar area. We will see this Nov just how tight the aft circle on Equinox is. We may be forced to go to the 'dread' mill :D for a good run.

You can stroll front to back on either side of deck 5, just no outside wrap around, and you have to be aware of the smoking area.

And the life boats sitting on the short promenade that obstruct your view.

jls

Greetings

I think you will be disappointed with the running on Equinox. Between the walkers, the deck chair sitters, and the general public making their way back to the Oceanview Café it can be quite congested. The "dread" mills are nice but they tend to be in short supply due to the lack of outside walking/running spaces. Probably more walkers than runners on the treadmills. And once the crowd grows, the attendants will try to limit your time to 30 minutes. My normal 7.5 mile/day running routine was put on hold for the duration of the cruise because it was just too difficult try to get the miles in.

I will say that I loved Equinox and have been on her twice. It's just the running situation that is lacking.

Good Sailing

Tom

And the life boats sitting on the short promenade that obstruct your view.

jls

For the OP's benefit, here's a photo (from the Eclipse) to show just how much you are separated from the ocean on much of that deck. I think the S-class ships are stunning, but I do miss a true promenade deck.

EclipseTA457_01.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Greetings

I think you will be disappointed with the running on Equinox. Between the walkers, the deck chair sitters, and the general public making their way back to the Oceanview Café it can be quite congested. The "dread" mills are nice but they tend to be in short supply due to the lack of outside walking/running spaces. Probably more walkers than runners on the treadmills. And once the crowd grows, the attendants will try to limit your time to 30 minutes. My normal 7.5 mile/day running routine was put on hold for the duration of the cruise because it was just too difficult try to get the miles in.

I will say that I loved Equinox and have been on her twice. It's just the running situation that is lacking.

Good Sailing

Tom

Thanks Tom, we try to get our miles in before breakfast, so about the only other's that are out an about, are the chair hogs markin their spot :D

The remodeled deck 15 on the Reflection was OK, still no where close to the RCCL Freedom. That track was designed by Runners World, best we have found on Ship.

Thanks Tom, we try to get our miles in before breakfast, so about the only other's that are out an about, are the chair hogs markin their spot :D

The remodeled deck 15 on the Reflection was OK, still no where close to the RCCL Freedom. That track was designed by Runners World, best we have found on Ship.

Great track on RC Allure also! It's marked like a road, slow in the right lane and fast in the left with funny road signs along the way!

Great track on RC Allure also! It's marked like a road, slow in the right lane and fast in the left with funny road signs along the way!
Yes, RCI O-class has BY FAR the best track at sea I've ever seen. I can't help but think that wallie5446 was thinking of O-class. Freedom IMO is no better than many others, since as soon as the sunbathers come out and pull their chairs right onto the track you better be a hurdler rather than a runner.

the jogging track on celebrity S class are just fine as long as people don;t pull their beds onto it

I laughed hysterically when someone did it on equinox and a guy jogging purposely vaulted over the person on the bed that was in the wrong place - she soon moved it

The deck 5 promenade unfortunately becomes a crew area at each end