Middle East Excursions with Celebrity

heathluvsing

I just checked my old emails -I'm never organised enough to delete old ones, but sometimes it comes in useful:)

Christian tour of Northern Israel was $99pp, Jerusalem and Bethlehem tour was $115pp as was the Dead Sea and Masada

We had these exact prices in fall of 2011. It is a rate you can book as individuals and they hook you up with a small group (minivan sized group, not coach bus like the cruise line excursions). We also had Mickey as our guide all three days and she was phenomenal; best guide we have ever had - definitely recommend requesting her. Some venues do have a fee on top of this such as the entrance fee for Masada and for Dead Sea.

Edited by Gonzo70

-----from Ashdod and was Galilee which touched on Capernaum - really interesting - and the sites around Galilee were beautiful. We then travelled to the River Jordan and had a paddle!

We will be visiting Ashdod on Century ( leaves Dubai on 5th April 2015)

It's good to hear about the above excursion ( nothing on Celebrity web site as yet)

When you enter Bethlehem do u have to show how your passport? I was reading something that led me to believe this.

I would prefer to leave it on the ship.

We showed our passport and a piece of paper they had given to us, a tourist pass I think. At the checkpoint, Two Israeli soldiers walked on the bus carrying machine guns and walked down the aisle and just glanced at the forms.

We showed our passport and a piece of paper they had given to us, a tourist pass I think. At the checkpoint, Two Israeli soldiers walked on the bus carrying machine guns and walked down the aisle and just glanced at the forms.

Here's a picture taken as you drive between the Israel Bethlehem gates. One side had Israeli soldiers. This Israeli seemed to have enjoyed posing pictures. The Palestinian side also had guards but they let us through without checking for anything.

1686391644_09082009IsraelBethlehemBorderGuard.jpg.79a78ee1bccd84369cfc0dace746d8aa.jpg

We had to take passports but they weren't checked. The soldiers walked down the bus and glanced at us all. Not as intimidating as it sounds, they were all about 18 doing national service and friendly enough.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk