Private tour in San Juan and also restaurant recommendations

beach grandma

8 of us will be in San Juan on February 22nd, 2pm - 10pm. I'm looking for a good private tour since several in our group do not walk well. what are the "must see" places.

Also, can anyone recommend a nice restaurant for dinner. One in our group is celebrating his 70th birthday.

Thanks

If you go to El Moro it is a very long walk up there as a cab or the bus cannot go up there. El Moro is the fort you pass as you come into port. It was built in about the 1500's and is worth seeing but there is a lot of walking and stairs in it. This is something some of your party may want to do- not everyone has to do the same thing in every port.

But there is a small open air taxi run by San Juan that will take you right up by the door. There are also two local buses that you can get on and off along its route and it is free.

For dinner my favorite is the El Convento Hotel. They sometimes have an evening show but I don't know what time it starts or ends. It might be too late.

There is a Hop On Hop Off bus if your friends can manage that. If this is the firs time in San Juan, I would try that. There is more to Puerto Rico than one city and a lot of history there as well as tourist spots. You can find more information at the ports of call forum.

• 1 month later...

The fort is a very interesting place to visit. But some members of your group may have a difficult time since there are many stairs and walking. DH and I have not done any tour in Old San Juan but we do walk around cause there are great shopping. Always great finds at Coach, Polo and Ralph Hilfiger. We love to eat Racists (think that is how to spell it)

The forts are fun and there is a free trolley that you can take. The trolley will take you right to the front door!

Restaurant.....definitely Punto de Vista Restaurant & Bar....they are close to the dock and the food is FABULOUS!!!!

Not sure how long you will be there, but there is a bioluminesce tour (one is one an electric boat) that I really wanted to do, but check the moon during your stay....full moon has too much light.

The fort is a very interesting place to visit. But some members of your group may have a difficult time since there are many stairs and walking. DH and I have not done any tour in Old San Juan but we do walk around cause there are great shopping. Always great finds at Coach, Polo and Ralph Hilfiger. We love to eat Racists (think that is how to spell it)

Is Ralph the lesser known brother of Tommy?:p

Also, I really, REALLY, hope that you just misspelled the name of RAICES restaurant!