Grandeur cruise compass

Anyone know where I can find a cruise compass for the Bahamas out of Baltimore cruise on grandeur? I'm trying to do some research of the ship and what it has to offer before booking. We were on explorer in October to Bermuda, we loved the ship but would like to try something different.

Anyone know where I can find a cruise compass for the Bahamas out of Baltimore cruise on grandeur? I'm trying to do some research of the ship and what it has to offer before booking. We were on explorer in October to Bermuda, we loved the ship but would like to try something different.

We are just off of her on Saturday. I didn't bring home the compasses, but I can tell you that there was great music and plenty of it all over the ship. String duo, dance music- two bands- , RCCL orchestra, and reggae band plus late night dj.Also movies outside and inside, trivia and lots of other types of entertainment in the Centrum. We had the aerial show two nights- very good. Ask me specific questions and I will try to answer them. The memories are fresh.

We are just off of her on Saturday. I didn't bring home the compasses, but I can tell you that there was great music and plenty of it all over the ship. String duo, dance music- two bands- , RCCL orchestra, and reggae band plus late night dj.Also movies outside and inside, trivia and lots of other types of entertainment in the Centrum. We had the aerial show two nights- very good. Ask me specific questions and I will try to answer them. The memories are fresh.

I'll be on Grandeur next week.

Is all of the music "loud." If it is "loud" is it contained in a space so that those who do not enjoy loud music can get around it easily? (I know "loud" is subjective & I know not to go to the dance club expecting peace & quiet.)

On the flip side, if I do like orchestral music, is it easily found, with ample seating?

For me, there is a place for all music, but when I am on a cruise ship for me, I want it more subdued & relaxing.

Thanks.

I'll be on Grandeur next week.

Is all of the music "loud." If it is "loud" is it contained in a space so that those who do not enjoy loud music can get around it easily? (I know "loud" is subjective & I know not to go to the dance club expecting peace & quiet.)

On the flip side, if I do like orchestral music, is it easily found, with ample seating?

For me, there is a place for all music, but when I am on a cruise ship for me, I want it more subdued & relaxing.

Thanks.

There is loud music in the Viking Crown Lounge nightclub on deck 11 at night, but that is an isolated location.

There are various forms of music on deck 4 in the Centrum at different times of the day - not particularly loud. (Not heard in the staterooms of the elevator lobbies).

The theater has loud music with the production shows, but again, that is an isolated venue.

The Schooner Bar on deck 6 is a piano bar - music typical of those types of venues.

The pool deck will have steel band and other music playing at certain times during the day and occasionally at night for certain activities.

The South Pacific lounge on deck 6 will have dance music occasionally as well.

String music may also be played from time to time in the MDR.

Not much in our experience in the way of orchestral music other than that associated with the theater shows.

Overall the ship is very quiet and you will not be disturbed by loud music - other than in those venues as described.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

My husband and I will be on Grandeur in a few weeks. First time on RCCL and very excited. What was your favorite place to eat?

Thanks for your info! I'm torn between two cruises and can't decide which to go with. We had such a great experience on Explorer that I would love to stick with RC, but I guess my concern is since Grandeur is smaller will there be as much to do on sea days. Grandeur will make a stop in key west which is one of main reasons for looking into this cruise. The other cruise option is the breakaway on Norwegian, obviously that ship is a lot larger and has many activities. Such decisions! :-)

My husband and I will be on Grandeur in a few weeks. First time on RCCL and very excited. What was your favorite place to eat?

We really love Chops and Izumi - went to each twice. The dining option which costs $55 a person includes all three specialty restaurants. We did have lunch and breakfast several days in the Park Café and also in the dining room. Park Café is right in the Solarium and is healthy and good. Because of the weather on our cruise ( don't even ask) , everyone was inside most of the time which resulted in the WJ being really crowded. We decided we could not fight that table fight every day so we did not eat there at all.

Music- the string duo , Rosario Strings, plays classical and played in various quiet venues. Not many people cared to see them, but we thought they were great.

We really love Chops and Izumi - went to each twice. The dining option which costs $55 a person includes all three specialty restaurants. We did have lunch and breakfast several days in the Park Café and also in the dining room. Park Café is right in the Solarium and is healthy and good. Because of the weather on our cruise ( don't even ask) , everyone was inside most of the time which resulted in the WJ being really crowded. We decided we could not fight that table fight every day so we did not eat there at all.

Music- the string duo , Rosario Strings, plays classical and played in various quiet venues. Not many people cared to see them, but we thought they were great.

We were with you guys last July to Bermuda! Believe we saw you the last day in the Diamond Club. (Going again next July as well). We also really liked Park Cafe - Giovanni's Table was good too.

We only ate at Giovanni's one night, but we had a great meal there.

It was so cool to get back on that ship and have so many crew members come up and say HI. Hugs and smiles from their friendly faces made us feel like family!

We only ate at Giovanni's one night, but we had a great meal there.

It was so cool to get back on that ship and have so many crew members come up and say HI. Hugs and smiles from their friendly faces made us feel like family!

Carolinan (who was also on our July roll call) was on her in October and said the same thing. Francis (DC Concierge) is in the Concierge Lounge now, but we too are hoping some of the same faces will still be there next July. Depends on their contracts, etc.

Very nice ship and crew.

(Sorry to hijack the thread)

We really love Chops and Izumi - went to each twice. The dining option which costs $55 a person includes all three specialty restaurants.

Can you got to Izumi 3 times using this special?

I've already booked & pre-paid for 3 lunches there (I LOVE SUSHI) $10 each time per person... (But I'm not sure which would be a better value - depends on how much & what type of sushi we eat.)

Right now it is a toss up for me on deciding to try to have our reservations switched to the package or not.

My understanding of the package is it is one time at each restaurant.

That was my understanding too which is why I asked, as it seemed like the other poster only went to 2... (Or I could have read it wrong - wouldn't be the first time.)

I'll ask next week;) when I am on board. Can't hurt to ask.

Edited by TheCalicoCat