Anytime Dining?

It means you go to the dining room designated for My Time Dining and you can show up anytime between I believe 5:30 and 9:30, something to that effect.

OR, you can actually book a time for each day with the maitre'd, like 7:45, and that would be your time for each day of the cruise.

On our cruise last month on the Grandeur we were actually able to set up our dining time when we got to the port, and we were seated at the same table with the same servers every night of our cruise.

Hope this information helps, you weren't specific with any questions so I'm not too sure what you want to know. Anything else we can help you with?

-Sharon-

With MTD, you can pre-book reservations, or not. You can just show up when you want, or you can decide day by day what time to make your reservation for.

We have been in the same position as you where MTD was the only choice left. We went ahead and pre-booked the same timeslot each night ahead of time on the website. If you like your waitstaff on your 1st night, you can actually request them again each night. You may have to wait a few minutes for them to have a table come available, but generally, it works pretty smoothly.

You can book a different time every day if you want or not at all. If you do book a time and change your mind just let them know. You can sit in the same area each night if you want or if you want to try out different areas of the MTD area you can do that too. The MTD area is set apart from the rest of the dining room; the menus and food are exactly the same.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

and eat when you want, or pick a time slot that is available. Remember older people tend to eat early. so some times early dining times are not available even in MTD.

I would guess around 6-7 would be crowded times to try and have dinner. I have always found MOST NIGHTS around 7:30 is usually not too crowded for MTD depends on what activities are happening around the ship. Formal night, for those who chose to be formal, usually is a more crowded MDR.

We always chose the late dining 8:30 or whatever it was, so we wouldn't be rushed after being at port during the day ... but on our first gty suit on HAL, all they had was MTD and had to pre-pay gratuities, so we did. We found it fine. We pretty much 'just showed up'. I think we did make a reservation once, but like anything else, it's usually 'first available' so there was a small wait. No problem, but after that we just did our thing during the day, took our time when we got back showering and getting ready for dinner, having a drink on the balcony, whatever and then just went to dinner. Most times there was no wait at all and we were seated right away ... and sometimes just a very short wait. After that, we liked it so well, we just pre-paid and requested MTD.

And, yes, you can request a waiter if you like .... which the one we liked a lot and requested, a lot of other people did too!! So sometimes there was a wait, but it was worth it, and we're on vacation, so who cares? Also, they usually ask if you want to dine alone or mind sitting with others. Most times we like to sit with others so did .... but other times we wanted to be alone and were able to do that. But, for the most part, we're pretty easy and would just say 'whatever you have is fine' ... sometimes it was just us, sometimes it was with others. But, either way it was always fine. First time we were on the Eurodam with HAL and the other time we were on the Oasis with Royal Caribbean. I think you'll be fine and have a wonderful experience. We also found it was better not to eat quite so late and be so stuffed!! LOL! I would say we probably ate most nights somewhere between 7:00 and 8:00 ... But most times around 7:30. There was really no set time, which was nice. All depended on what we were doing that day and what we planned for after dinner. But really ... the flexibility was great! Much less stressful Than trying to be ready at a certain time. That's what we'll be doing next time we sail! :) Good luck and Happy Saliling! :)