Windstar - Transformation of the Pride

baytraller

Not interested at that price. If they offer better pricing, I will certainly take a serious look.

I doubt that you will ever see prices form Windstar that are lower than what Seabourn is offering for all inclusive.

As Henry says the pricing is similar if not slightly more from Windstar and without being all inclusive.

Seabourn has been fantastic value for a few years now compared with other so called luxury lines.

Sail on these ships whilst they are operated by Seabourn,

you will never see their like again.

Having sailed recently on the Pride (2nd time), I can endorse your recommendation to sail on the triplets while part of Seabourn. However, as someone who enjoys small ships and trying different cruise lines, I would sure like to sail on one of the triplets in future at Windstar. I will just have to wait until they offer better rates.

I've enjoyed them all to date. Add the lovely Seabourn triplets to the equation, and all we need are some smart fares to make it a winner.

Remember,the smaller Windstar make the fares,the more likely you are to get what you pay for.

You can't run a business on fresh air and expect to have riches to show for it.

Remember,the smaller Windstar make the fares,the more likely you are to get what you pay for.

You can't run a business on fresh air and expect to have riches to show for it.

Very true, but I think there is a happy place somewhere between not charging as much as Seabourn but still charging enough to be profitable. Windstar is very good, but still does not equal Seabourn yet. They will have to prove they are as good before they can ask for the same money.

Very true, but I think there is a happy place somewhere between not charging as much as Seabourn but still charging enough to be profitable. Windstar is very good, but still does not equal Seabourn yet. They will have to prove they are as good before they can ask for the same money.

I think the main point is that Seabourn have the software to staff these wonderful ships,i doubt that Windstar train their staff to the same standards as Seabourn.

Time will tell when we get some reports and then it's only worth listening to someone that has sailed the same ship but run by both companies.

I'm sure Windstar staff is very good. But at this point the fares are no different from SB which makes it a lesser value. It will probably take a while for Windstar to realize they are losing bookings due to these higher fares before they lower them to make up for the loss of all inclusiveness. Or I could be all wrong and people will flock to these ships regardless. In either case for me the value is no longer there and I'll say with Seabourn.

I'm sure Windstar staff is very good. But at this point the fares are no different from SB which makes it a lesser value. It will probably take a while for Windstar to realize they are losing bookings due to these higher fares before they lower them to make up for the loss of all inclusiveness. Or I could be all wrong and people will flock to these ships regardless. In either case for me the value is no longer there and I'll say with Seabourn.

I agree for the present. But I would really like to see Windstar step up its game a notch and make sailing on the triplets a great experience for many more years to come. As Mr. Luxury said, we shall see in due course.

But don't get the wrong impression -- I will continue to sail with Seabourn on the larger ships even if I occasionally cheat with a different line on a small ship.