Food on an Alaskan Cruise

lovetotraveltx

I know the itinerary is the primary factor when choosing your cruise to Alaska.

However, my husband and I are foodies and would like good food as well, if possible. We realize it's mass produced food, but looking for quality, most choices...

Assuming the itineraries are the same, if you've been on more than 1 of the cruise lines below, (these currently go to Glacier Bay),

Can you choose your favorite for dining and why, I appreciate the comments! I know it's personal preference, just curious how it goes.

1. Princess

2. NCL

3. HAL

Thank you!

I know the itinerary is the primary factor when choosing your cruise to Alaska.

However, my husband and I are foodies and would like good food as well, if possible. We realize it's mass produced food, but looking for quality, most choices...

Assuming the itineraries are the same, if you've been on more than 1 of the cruise lines below, (these currently go to Glacier Bay),

Can you choose your favorite for dining and why, I appreciate the comments! I know it's personal preference, just curious how it goes.

1. Princess

2. NCL

3. HAL

Thank you!

Princess

HAL

NCL

Carnival actually has really good food too.

I have only been on 1 cruise, NCL. The food was good, not great. Perfectly adequate. That said, the specialty restaurants were great - much better food & ambiance. If you factor the up-charge for those in, the cruise is more in line with the others.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

I've sailed on all three lines and, of the three, I would choose NCL both for variety and quality of food in the specialties and more casual dress policy. You'll be spending lots of time in port touring and will appreciate having so many choices regardless of what time you decide to dine. That being said, if quality of food is most important to you, I would look at Celebrity. I took my first Celebrity cruise last summer (27th cruise overall) and the food in the specialties (particularly Murano) was by far the best I've had at sea.

Princess

HAL

NCL

Carnival actually has really good food too.

I should add... The above opinion is based on food in the MDR and buffet. We do not eat in pay resteraunts. Even though we are foodies....

I should also add that even though NCL was last on my list the food is still good. Not 5 star but none of the cruise lines are IMO.