Coffee Card - What is it good for and where?

ctemkg

I bought a coffee card for my recent Coral Princess cruise and have 2 unused punches- no one put the voyage on the back so it should be good for my upcoming Emerald Princess cruise and I did buy another card for that cruise. My sister who is sailing with me bought a coffee card for our cruise. I will see how my new card is handled on the cruise. That was the first time that I did not have an employee write in the voyage when I was on the Coral. They seem to be better at this on the Ruby.

There are two different varieties of the cards, differing as to whether or not the words "Hot Chocolate" are included in the list of drinks. The one I got on the Pacific Princess does not. The ones from the Ruby Princess do.

As I plan on changing in my bar setup (I have ample from the recent voyages on the Ruby) when I embark on the Pacific Princess in two day's time in exchange for the two coffee cards, I'll use one of those for my 6 am fix of good coffee and not chance the barista saying "You didn't get that on this ship, did you"?

There are two different varieties of the cards, differing as to whether or not the words "Hot Chocolate" are included in the list of drinks. The one I got on the Pacific Princess does not. The ones from the Ruby Princess do.

Even with the "old" cards, the small ships did not include hot chocolate and the larger ships did.

Our cards from the Island last January and the Emerald last June both state: "Complimentary coffee and tea only applicable to voyage of purchase." Perhaps they have just recently changed the wording on the cards to include hot chocolate. We will be boarding the Sapphire Monday and I will see what those coffee cards state.

Our cards from the Island last January and the Emerald last June both state: "Complimentary coffee and tea only applicable to voyage of purchase." Perhaps they have just recently changed the wording on the cards to include hot chocolate. We will be boarding the Sapphire Monday and I will see what those coffee cards state.

When you find out about the hot chocolate please let us know. We are on the Sapphire right after you and might swap the mini bar for the cards.

Thanks.

Even with the "old" cards, the small ships did not include hot chocolate and the larger ships did.

Most likely that accounts for it. I will post what I get on Monday, on this or the next suitable thread.

I don't have it any more, the barista took it on the Ruby when I punched my 15th, but I'm reasonably certain that the card I got on the Pacific included the seventh beverage (under "This coffee card is good for purchases of:") "Hot chocolate", the ones I got on the Ruby (I am eyeballing them) has six beverages. Is that consistent with what you are saying? The small ships treat hot chocolate as a $$ beverage, rather than like brewed coffee (unlimited for the voyage)

P.S. I used a card I got on the Ruby for brewed coffee on the Ruby, but I had unused punches from the one on the Pacific. I carried both cards until using up the Pacific one, that one for coffee drinks, the Ruby one to show I was entitled to brewed coffee. Probably overkill.

Edited by Wehwalt

When you find out about the hot chocolate please let us know. We are on the Sapphire right after you and might swap the mini bar for the cards.

Thanks.

I have gotten hot chocolate with the card in the past. Would expect that is still true but I will try to remember to check.

Really enjoyed my coffee card on recent Diamond cruise. I did get coffee for others in my party. Yes, it is cheating a bit but once I obtain the drink, I'm not sure it matters who consumes it. The Diamond had no IC so coffee drinks came from the Calypso bar and another bar (deck 5 or 6). Waiters in the HC also can bring specialty coffee drinks to you. The card can not be purchased on line. Call Princess to purchase before the cruise and save a small amount or purchase on board. If you like good strong coffee, this is the way to go. The coffee from concentrate, which is free, is too weak for me though others don't mind.

I purchased the coffee card in December while on the Royal sailing out of Florida. It was $29 and since I purchased it before we sailed I was charged sales tax. If I had known ahead of time I would have waited til we had sailed. Card does not say hot chocolate but I saw people getting it and their cards were not being punched.

Had one on Coral in 2010, hot chocolate included for free. Had one on the Coral in 2013, hot chocolate STILL included for free. Diamond, free. Caribbean, free. Coral again, free.

I will be 30-day BA to LA soon on the Crown. Hope hot chocolate is free down yonder in the cold part of the voyage.

Great deal at any rate.

Doug

We are boarding the Royal on February 16th - just 28 days to go! (just had to get that out of my system). I will be buying my coffee card tomorrow. That way, it will already be paid for when we board AND I will save a few bucks AND it will be waiting for me in my cabin. When my DW and I cruised a few years ago on the Emerald, we bought the card on board and received a Princess Travel Mug as a gift. So - finally the question - do they still do that? And, oh, did I mention that we board the Royal in 28 days? :D

I purchased the coffee card in December while on the Royal sailing out of Florida. It was $29 and since I purchased it before we sailed I was charged sales tax. If I had known ahead of time I would have waited til we had sailed. Card does not say hot chocolate but I saw people getting it and their cards were not being punched.

Isn't it subject to service charge if purchased on board?

:confused:

Really enjoyed my coffee card on recent Diamond cruise. I did get coffee for others in my party. Yes, it is cheating a bit but once I obtain the drink, I'm not sure it matters who consumes it. The Diamond had no IC so coffee drinks came from the Calypso bar and another bar (deck 5 or 6). Waiters in the HC also can bring specialty coffee drinks to you. The card can not be purchased on line. Call Princess to purchase before the cruise and save a small amount or purchase on board. If you like good strong coffee, this is the way to go. The coffee from concentrate, which is free, is too weak for me though others don't mind.

this is the reason rules change, because people keep breaking them and then post it on cruisecritic...dah. thats why the liquor policy is tougher now too. so keep it up and then they will up the price for he rest of us!!!:eek:

I pre-purchased a coffee card for my recent cruise on the Diamond. No coffee mug included :( Still very worth it if you liked good brewed coffee and specialty drinks. I looked forward to my morning cappuccino each day.