Singles cruises - retired age

cpayne

My grandma is 75, but 55 in heart and energy! Her and another single friend are considering taking a second cruise. This time they would be interested in a singles cruise. I'm fearful the typical singles cruise would be geared more towards a younger crowd. Does anyone know of a singles cruise geared more towards the 55+ age group?

Thanks.

They might want to check if AARP is sponsoring any cruises. I do think your typical singles cruise is for those who are under age 30 and are looking to hook up with the opposite gender. Not so sure if granny would appreciate things like the best buns contest or jello shooters---or maybe she would LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Cpayne, check out the AARP travel section. They might have a group going, and she would certainly be with others in her age bracket. Also check out the Senior Beacon, it is a seniors newspaper. She might find something there. You can also ask your trave agent if she has any single group cruises and what the age range is. Hope they find something.

Annieeee

Yes I could have told her about it, but I was asked by Laura to stop posting about the group :mad: . So that is why I did not mention it. I have no idea why I was singled out, as I have seen several posts about the group. I asked around and no one else from the group has been asked to stop posting about the group. I know the boards are private and either we accept it or we can find our way to other cruise boards.

Annieeee

Why not suggest to your mother to consider a Cruise Critic group cruise. We have a Cruise Critic group cruise on the Caribbean Princess sailing August 19, 2006 and would love to have her join our group!

The group cruise would give them the advantage of group pricing and amenities and also a group of other folks they can meet ahead of time online and also do activities with on the ship. We are going to have a sailaway party and a meet and mingle. Also we will have other activities depending on what the group wants. There will also probably be an opportunity to share shore exursions or go on shore excursions with others in the group.

Even though she would be part of the group cruise, your Mom and her friend can do as much or as little as they want with the group. The Caribbean Princess is a great ship, with lots of activities like trivia and games, a fantastic Lotus Spa, and a card room to join others for bridge and other games. There is also Movies Under the Stars, hot tubs and swimming pools, and many lounges and bars. The piano bar has Bert Stratton, who is fantastic!!

This is an Eastern Caribbean itinerary, with St. Thomas, St. Martin and Princess Cay as the ports. Ordinarily the only tender port is Princess Cay, so that is also an advantage. These beautiful islands also offer lots of activities or you can just relax on the beach.

Email me or post on the group message forum (click on link below) if you need any additional information.

Archived