Snorkel park beach

glm7777

My daughter would like to try snorkelling while we are in Bermuda but neither of us are great swimmers. I heard that Horseshoe bay can be rough for newbies. But our cruise ship NCL Dawn, is offering a package at Snorkel Bay Beach that includes snorklel gear, paddle boats, chair rentals, and a few other things for about $44 and I've heard that thae beach there is a little calmer. But I've also read that it's not a "nice" beach. We are going 5/23-30. I'm just wondering if this might be something that would work for us. I really want to see the pink sand but I figure I can always take a bus to Horseshoe bay and walk along that beach. Thanks!

My daughter would like to try snorkelling while we are in Bermuda but neither of us are great swimmers. I heard that Horseshoe bay can be rough for newbies. But our cruise ship NCL Dawn, is offering a package at Snorkel Bay Beach that includes snorklel gear, paddle boats, chair rentals, and a few other things for about $44 and I've heard that thae beach there is a little calmer. But I've also read that it's not a "nice" beach. We are going 5/23-30. I'm just wondering if this might be something that would work for us. I really want to see the pink sand but I figure I can always take a bus to Horseshoe bay and walk along that beach. Thanks!

I would avoid the Snorkel Park but if you did go......... there is no reason to book a $44 excursion!

My suggestion is Tobacco Bay. It is not pink sand but it is a natural beach, it is calm, you can rent chairs and snorkel gear. The snorkeling is good.

Edited by Charles4515

Snorkel Park is a man made beach at the Royal Dockyard. [where the ships dock]. It is within walking distance [for most people] or take the free dockyard trolley to the entrance. No need to take an excursion.

It is not the nicest beach in Bermuda--but, it might be what you are looking for.

These are the prices listed on the SPB website:

Daytime

Monday - Saturday:

Admission - $5

Children 12 & under FREE

Sundays Live:

Admission - $10 ...

Nighttime: CLUB AQUA

10pm-3am

Admission - $10

Must be 18 or over (Must have valid photo ID)

Ask about our Early Bird & Beat the Clock drink specials!

*price may change for events

Island Beach Party:

Monday and Thursday 8pm -10pm

Adults - $44

Children 12 & under - $15

Includes entertainment, all you can drink Rum Swizzle & fruit punch...

Tours:

Jet Skis Safari 1 Hour $145 2hr $270... read more

Snuba $85

Discover Scuba $100

Power Snorkel $69

Rentals

Snorkel Gear (includes optional flotation device)

1/2 Set Mask and snorkel or fins $10

Full set Mask snorkel and fins $20

Beach rentals

Beach Chairs $5

Chaise Lounge $15

Umbrella $15

Cabana or Day bed 4 hrs $35

Water Toys

Noodle or Inflatable Toys $5

Kayaks (2 persons) $25 per hour $15 per 1/2 hour

Pedal Boats (2/4 persons) $25/$35 per hour $15/$20 per 1/2 hour

Stand Up Paddle Boards $30/hr

edit: Here is the website:

http://www.snorkelparkbeach.com/

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

For snorkeling Tobacco bay beach in St. George has it all. Tons of fish in a calm protected cove .