How much duty-free brought back?

momof1son

I realize I could do a search and find a TON of threads on this topic, so no need for lectures. I am at work, and decided it is easier to just ask than to go digging through old threads.

My DH would like to know exactly how much alcohol we are able to bring back, duty-free, from our cruise? Is it xx amount of bottles per person, or xx amount of litres, ounces, etc?

I appreciate any and all help you can give me!

One Liter per person over the age of 21 unless 4 purchased in St Thomas. Then you are allowed 5.

I just got off the Conquest Sun. I have a thread on here with the Fun Times and the debarkation info where this info is located. It's not the greatest quality because of the file size supported on here, but it's somewhat readable. Hoping to get DH to rescan today and repost tonight.

If you go over your duty amount you might have to pay a bit.

Got off the Legend in Tampa and went to the Customs line. When it was my turn, I handed the nice officer my form and passport. He asked if I was bringing in any alcohol. I pointed to the line item on the form that said 8 Litres, value $80 (rum is not only fun, it's CHEAP, too). He blinked at me, looked at the 2000 people in line behind me while calculating the duty on $80 - "Have a nice day, ma'am". ;)

I was prepared to pay the duty on my extra, but sometimes it's not worth it to them to collect.

I haven't experienced paying any duty on excess after allowance. To be honest- we brought back like 3x what we'd bring back from our European cruise and they didn't even bat an eye in the airport. Lol. I say it's because it was the start of Sunday football haha