Anyone received an approval for Excursion Guarantee?

divinmule

If anyone is successful with the Cozumel Dune Buggy tour, please post! This is the only excursion we are doing and I would love to get an OBC. :D

That is the excursion I was rejected on. It has to have round trip transportation from the port for them to accept it.

That is the excursion I was rejected on. It has to have round trip transportation from the port for them to accept it.

Well, that stinks! I am actually worried about booking outside of Carnival because of the times. We don't get to Cozumel until 10am and leave at 6. The tours start at 9:30 and 1:30. Not enough time. :(

I was rejected also and mine was about as close as I think is possible to exactly what carnival is selling.

Their reasoning was the non carnival transport might make extra stops and drops of farther from the venue.

Funny, I had never even thought about non carnival excursions and now because of this I am giving serious thought to booking it.

Update: My phone wouldn't download the whole email, but here is my lovely rejection email from Carnival. I submitted the Xunantunich Ruins with Lunch excursion in Belize from Island Marketing Ltd which is the EXACT same except for the time... apparently an hour difference isn't good enough for Carnival and they rejected it :( Bummer. But, a FYI to anyone who is trying to use this particular tour for a claim!

"Hello xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Thank you for submitting a Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee claim. We regret to inform you that your claim was not accepted because the tour submitted was not similar to the tour on our program. Specifically, the total time of the excursion Our excursion takes 7 hours and theirs is 5.5 to 6 hours. For this reason we had to deny your request.

Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines.... etc., etc."

if you didn't get an email back, check your SPAM or TRASH inbox in your email. that is where mine was delivered. I also got accepted for the stingray city/coral garden tour in grand cayman. saved $66. woohoo

Dan

I guess the excursion needs to be about as equal as possible. We were rejected for a Stingray City trip because the other boat did not advertise stairs into the water. Oh well. The OBC would have been converted into drinks or pictures anyway. But it was nice to see that they got back with us. Not gonna ruin my trip.... I will however keep an eye out for a good deal when I can.

I just got approval for our booking for the Stingray City and Coral Garden tour. We got $52.88 back in total for two of us. I submitted the exact same request for my sister's booking about 5 minutes after I submitted mine, but haven't heard yet.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, seems to me this just sort of looks petty for Carnival. Most of us were used to the fact that they charged more and we just accepted it. We either used them or went with the alternative.

Now we have to get teased into the idea of a better price, only to have many of them rejected for silly reasons. Just rubs salt into the wounds.

One of mine that I finally heard back from them on (after I really persued it) was denied be cause it was the ships operator and I could not book with them since the ship used them. Uhh hello Carnival their regular price is $100 dollars less...this looks pretty silly for Carnival!!:rolleyes: I understnd needing to make a profit but come on......

Congrats to those that got a price reduction.

I tried for 3 days to get a match on the Puerto Vallarta Pirate Ship Adventure and spent 45 minutes on the phone with Carnivals customer service and IT department yesterday (they were very nice but could not get the claim form to work! Told me to try again at midnight when the internet traffic was slower...no luck!) and today after trying several more times in different browsers I called again! This time they made it work! Although the representative tried to tell me that the country code for Canada was 2 instead of 1! (Not unless Canada had some how been relocated to Africa :rolleyes:...our country code is the same as the rest of North America and Caribbean 1!) But anyways it FINALLY worked:D! The only downside is that the shore excursion that I was trying to guarantee has gone up $5.00 during the time I have spent dealing with the faulty claim form, so hopefully they will guarantee the original price! The Carnival rep seemed fairly confident that they would! I guess I will see in 72 hours!

I got approved for the price match guarantee today after submitting 2 times. Submitted last Thursday and again Tuesday (when I had not gotten any response) for 4 hour tour of Dzibichaltun ruins in Progreso. Used Autoprogreso as the price match. Carnival price is $59 and Autoprogreso is $29 so go credit of $33 per person. Tour is identical except with Autoprogreso you have to go in to the town of Progreso to catch the bus and more wait time for tour to leave. We did a different tour with Autoprogreso last year and my daughter really did not like waiting at the bus station for the tour to leave. Very pleased they gave price match on this since Carnival tour leaves from right by the boat and not in town.

They are squabbling with me over verbage on a diving excursion in Freeport. I told them they can either honor the price guarantee and just make up the $50 in OBC (not losing any money) or they can lose the whole $176 because we will go with the third party.

According to the response I received, Carnival offers transportation to the diving excursion, the third party doesn't say that they do....what does this paragraph say to you (taken from their website that was sent to Carnival)???

Typically ships arrive after the normal scheduled departure times on the island; what do we do? Change our departure times to fit your ships schedule! Just contact us and let us know which ship you will be arriving on and we will take care of the rest of the details.

Yeah, I think Sunn Odyssey Divers are more accommodating than Carnival :mad:

Edited by xowendyxo

They are squabbling with me over verbage on a diving excursion in Freeport. I told them they can either honor the price guarantee and just make up the $50 in OBC (not losing any money) or they can lose the whole $176 because we will go with the third party.

According to the response I received, Carnival offers transportation to the diving excursion, the third party doesn't say that they do....what does this paragraph say to you (taken from their website that was sent to Carnival)???

Typically ships arrive after the normal scheduled departure times on the island; what do we do? Change our departure times to fit your ships schedule! Just contact us and let us know which ship you will be arriving on and we will take care of the rest of the details.

Yeah, I think Sunn Odyssey Divers are more accommodating than Carnival :mad:

Honestly, to me, that isn't clear regarding transportation. It reads to me like they will wait for you to arrive before leaving for the diving excursion. If I was booking the excursion myself I would be asking about transportation.

I'm not saying I'm right or Carnival is right, it is just not clear to me.