Anyone received an approval for Excursion Guarantee?

divinmule

Yeah thats what I figure they are going to tell me to. But I do think it is just wrong. And thats what I just told them...even with the add on fee for the transportation...they are still cheaper than Carnival. Seems pretty black and white.

I was content with there overpriced charge in the beginning ( I like UNEXSO) but then THEY started touting all this wonderful EXCURSION GUARANTEE...

My response to them is stop all the false advertising...it just makes them look soooo petty.

So that being said...yeah I'm over it, time to move on. I will just go back to getting ready for my wonderful cruise!!:D

Agreed! :D

I don't really see any downside. Submit the claim, if they deny it, cancel it and book with the other company and let them know that you did. Lose a half hour of time sending emails, no big deal.

If you're really pissed, and you're far enough out, cancel everything and book with another cruise line and let them know that their policy isn't helping promote goodwill with their customers.

The down side for us is that the tour company raised their rates during the time we were going back and forth with carnival about our claim.

Originally the price was $71 adult $35.50 per child so a total of $497 (if we had booked with them that day)

Then we paid $99.99 and $69.99 on carnival for a total of $669.93 but then the tour company raised their rates to $76 and $42.75 totalling $541.50 and this is what carnival price matched to. Plus they added a fictions $5 pp fee so a total of $581.5 so they gave us a credit of of $88.43 in stead of $172.93!!!! Oh well I guess we got something! I figure I will ask for a refund on the transfer part of our tour when we don't actually receive a transfer on the cruise! I'm sure the excursion desk people on board actually know what's included in the excursion!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We received $12.09 back per adult for the Golden Eagle Catamaran in St Maarten. Carnival price was $79 for adults and French Connection Catamaran Adventure Snorkeling had the trip for $69. Kids were much cheaper at $39.

Here is the link: stmaartenCruiseexcursions.com/stmaartencatarmaran.htm