FTTF-releasing more passes

saltcreekmom1

So, the FTTF passes are sold out for my cruise. I wish I had known about them earlier. But, I've read comments on CC that indicate that sometimes they release more. I

Does this happen for every cruise? Do they release a lot or just a couple? When do they normally release them?

So, the FTTF passes are sold out for my cruise. I wish I had known about them earlier. But, I've read comments on CC that indicate that sometimes they release more. I

Does this happen for every cruise? Do they release a lot or just a couple? When do they normally release them?

I can only tell you about my recent experience.

Going on Miracle 2/15/2015. FTTF was sold out when I booked in November. In the roll call forum I read someone got one in early January. I looked and got one, no others left after mine at that time. I have seen them come back for sale since, it seams like 5 at a time. Today more available, does not say how many.

Keep looking, my guess one will come up.

Sailing 1/27 on the Triumph, they were sold out when we booked the cruise. They released 20 more 16 days prior to cruising and we picked one up. The remaining lasted a few hours. Keep stalking it and you might get lucky. At some point as they upgrade people to suites, people drop etc they might release more.

• 1 month later...

never heard of them...how do we know if they release more?

My understanding is they only release a few at a time so that they make sure that platinum and diamond guest have the perk. So keep checking and right before the sale date if you keep a check you can snag one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Obviously, if 90% of cabins booked FTTF, it would have little meaning. Obviously, only so many bags can be handled in a priority manner, only so many passengers can board first. So, is there a rule of thumb? 5% of cabins? 10% More? Thanks.

Thanks for the information Kim. I've ready lots of great stuff about FTTF. I sent an email so I could make sure and snag one for our cruise. It's forever away but I'm still enjoying the planning.

-Danny

You are very welcome! Planning and anticipating is definitely half the fun! Happy sailing!

Kim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now...if only shore excursions were loading on the website! I haven't been able to access them all morning....

Try accessing the site a different way. When one way didn't work I tried another and finally got in to book an excursion. Goofy site.

If there are a lot of Platinum, Diamond guests on the cruise they will limit FTTF.

You can email them at shorexcursions@carnival.com, tell them your sailing and ask if they will email you when more will be released. I did that and they emailed me the next day and said check in about 15 minutes! Sure enough, we snagged them! Good luck!

I took your advice and emailed them. They responded immediately and opened 5 spots!! Thank you!! You made my day!!!!!!:D:p

Thanks for the info VetGirl, will save me from hours of constantly checking the excursions site! :D

Last year we also got ours on a later wave of releases, but took a lot of time to keep an eye on the excursions page. I will say that it was WELL worth the time, effort and extra $/cabin! Hope we can grab another set for our cabins this year.

Obviously, if 90% of cabins booked FTTF, it would have little meaning. Obviously, only so many bags can be handled in a priority manner, only so many passengers can board first. So, is there a rule of thumb? 5% of cabins? 10% More? Thanks.

They are released 15 at a time. They watch to see how many Platinum/Diamond cruises there are on that cruise. If the amount is small, they will add another 15. I have heard that two batches of 15 is all they will add.

Here is my experience. I emailed them a very friendly note asking them to please email me when they release more FTTFs. They responded back in less than 15 minutes with a message saying "good news, a few will be released in about 5 minutes". I went in and sure enough, they released about 5. Ofcourse I booked right away and sent them a thank you email. This happened on Feb 28 2014. For my September cruise on the Breeze. I hope this helps!

On our recent cruise, the FTTF passes were sold out for months, but approximately 3 weeks out they released at least 7 more. It could be due to cancellations, or I believe they may release more once they have better numbers on how many platinum and diamond guests are sailing.

Thank you for posting the email address! I sent a message for my sailing (4/20 Conquest) last week and they sent me a message this morning that thy were offering more so I was able to get it!!! :) :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for posting the email address! I sent a message for my sailing (4/20 Conquest) last week and they sent me a message this morning that thy were offering more so I was able to get it!!! :) :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for posting AnnaBeth. Did you get the link posted in this thread to work? Mine always bounced back until I added an "e" in shore()xcursion.

I was just wondering if my bounces were due to volume and my last email is lost in webspace.