S1 on S-Class ships

oceanplus

We are currently looking on booking a S-1 on a B2B cruises on the Silhouette S-Class but so far nothing but on deck 6 is available.

Those B2B cruises next spring in the Mediterranean aren't cheap but we are wondering if what appears to be true on papers - Celebrity's brochures - is something we should be wondering about: are S1 getting smaller each and every deck down? What about the verandas? Which is getting smaller: the stateroom, the veranda or nothing of the above?

I've already checked the "Sticky : S-Class Cabin Information Compilation" but we are not sure about the result of our overall search.

Is there anything we should be worrying at all?

We do thank everyone in advance for any replY

I also thought they appeared to get smaller, however, when up close they are all about the same.

There are advantages to higher floors. Your butler does not have to go so far to see you. Your service maybe better higher up with more cabins. I have been on deck six s1's and would take an s1 there again, but we also enjoyed s2 on upper decks.

They actually get slightly shorter, but wider. The sofa's on Decks 12, 11, and 10 are along the wall with the bed, 9, 8, 7 and 6 are by the circular window. The support poles also move and they change number (1 or 2). In my opinoin the best deck is 11. I would avoid 10 as there is window washing equipment block your view to the side. I would also avoid 12 as it is under public space, and has a bigger overhang which we feel makes the room darker.

After 10, we prefer 9, then 8, 7 and 6, but this is our choice. We prefer to be highe up towards to pool for Caribbean sailings and don't love the blue roof right outside our cabin.

This will vary slightly on Silhouhette as the cabins are pushed back (less blue roof) and Reflection even more as the deck plan is slightly differnt.

Happy Sailing!

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

Our deck six s1 on solstice had a couch along the wall and chairs by window. I have seen the other configurations in recent pictures.

I stand corrected. It definitey varies by deck, as do the length of the sofas.

Thanks for the correction.

Happy sailing!

Jenna

We were in 6306 last fall on the Silhouette, thanks to a lucky GTY assignment. The veranda was tight with a skinny section along starboard that could hold a deck chair facing aft between the hull and rail. The table was aft and I think dining for 2 al fresco would have been a trick.

We loved the interior space and the two-directional view. Our cruise was so port-intensive that the veranda configuration wasn't an issue for us. I would go ahead and book the SS1 on Deck 6 and monitor availability so that you can switch to a higher deck cabin if possible.