Question about RCCL

Igerster

Hello everyone. My wife and I are looking to book our first cruise on RCCL. We have done a few on Carnival and one on NCL. We are planning on the Oasis in October. I just had a couple questions before booking. First, does RCCL offer anything like Carnival's "Faster to the Fun?" In case you don't know what that is, FTTF allows you to pay $50 per cabin and get VIP boarding, disembarkation, cabin ready as soon as you get on board, and a few other perks. Does RCCL offer anything like that? Can you order real breakfast from room service, or is a very limited menu, like on Carnival? Are the shows just first come first serve as far seating? Do you order your dates and times before cruising? Can you pick any seat or are there seats reserved specifically for suite guests, like on NCL? I had some other questions but can't think of them right now. Thanks for all your help.

Hello everyone. My wife and I are looking to book our first cruise on RCCL. We have done a few on Carnival and one on NCL. We are planning on the Oasis in October. I just had a couple questions before booking. First, does RCCL offer anything like Carnival's "Faster to the Fun?" In case you don't know what that is, FTTF allows you to pay $50 per cabin and get VIP boarding, disembarkation, cabin ready as soon as you get on board, and a few other perks. Does RCCL offer anything like that? Can you order real breakfast from room service, or is a very limited menu, like on Carnival? Are the shows just first come first serve as far seating? Do you order your dates and times before cruising? Can you pick any seat or are there seats reserved specifically for suite guests, like on NCL? I had some other questions but can't think of them right now. Thanks for all your help.

No FTTF on Royal. Show reservations get you in the venue, but seats are first come, first served. A very small number of seats might be reserved for suite guests.

You can get hot breakfast from room service. Here's a menu from Linda:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36762748&postcount=5

Edited by clarea

Thanks everyone for the responses. Another question I have. The cruise we are looking at does not leave port until 7 pm. How will this effect the boarding time? Will we be able to board early or have to wait until the afternoon to board? Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks everyone for the responses. Another question I have. The cruise we are looking at does not leave port until 7 pm. How will this effect the boarding time? Will we be able to board early or have to wait until the afternoon to board? Thanks again for all your help.

The boarding time on Royal ships generally starts around 11:30am, give or take. We've sailed out of San Juan a number of times where the departure time is 8:30pm, and they still start boarding the ship around 11:30am to noon.

What itinerary are you considering that leaves at 7pm?

Sorry, I didn't realize that the ship was returning from a transatlantic cruise (thanks Patti) right before your cruise. They may indeed have a later boarding time. If they do, there will likely be an email sent out a week or two before the cruise advising you of any delay in boarding.

Thank you all again so much for the answers. I keep forgetting of all the questions I want to ask. My next one that came to mind is; do the waiters perform at dinner like on Carnival? We prefer late seating but it is already wait listed. If they do not perform I don't see a reason to go on the wait list. I'll just go with flexible dining. What ever its called on RCCL. Thanks again for all the help with my questions.

Thank you all again so much for the answers. I keep forgetting of all the questions I want to ask. My next one that came to mind is; do the waiters perform at dinner like on Carnival? We prefer late seating but it is already wait listed. If they do not perform I don't see a reason to go on the wait list. I'll just go with flexible dining. What ever its called on RCCL. Thanks again for all the help with my questions.

On a 7 day cruise, they might perform once or twice. Varies ship to ship.

May I please jump in here to ask a question as we are first-time RCI cruisers.

Will we be allocated a boarding time and, if so, do we have to stick to it or if allocated a late boarding time could we arrive earlier in time to have lunch on board?

Thanks!

May I please jump in here to ask a question as we are first-time RCI cruisers.

Will we be allocated a boarding time and, if so, do we have to stick to it or if allocated a late boarding time could we arrive earlier in time to have lunch on board?

Thanks!

I'm not sure which ships have assigned boarding times, but that is the exception rather than the rule. Most ships can be boarded as early as 11:30am. Last I heard, ships sailing from Australia had enforced boarding times.