"Live" From the Enchantment of the Seas

Thanks so much for the few pictures. I can't wait to see the rest of them. It is so great of you to gather so much information for us here. I am looking forward to the rest of your review!

I will be posting many more pics tonight when I get home from work...But until then , just click below for my Cruise Page....

Radio

;)

Radio, I was disappointed to hear that YOUR cabin had not been updated as I understood ALL the cabins would be updated with new carpet and linens, etc.

I am sailing on the Enchantment in Sept and our cabin is right next to where you were but not in the new section. Does that mean we probably will have the old stuff too?:(

Hello everyone......Most of the pics have been loaded to Radio's Cruise Page, but I took over 200 pics and some were ok...and some were bad....But I should be able to get a few more posted later...

Dont forget to tune in this Friday when I will be posting another "Live" from the Grandeur of the Seas...

Skyking.....It's kind of like a job....Someone has to do it...:D

Here are a few more.....

Radio

Both pools and Spray Fountain were closed for both days......

50154029-e942-02000180-.jpg

Suspension Bridge at Night

50154065-1853-02000180-.jpg

Enchantment at Debarkation....

50168275-b6e2-02000180-.jpg

Here's a few more.....

Radio

Ben and Jerry's......Very Good

50154038-ca5f-02000180-.jpg

Workers laying carpet on pool deck....

50168325-2c58-02000180-.jpg

Oasis Bar

50154016-eeda-02000180-.jpg

This is a better photo of my Cabin....

50168314-0db3-02000180-.jpg

Radio, thank you so much! The pictures are fabulous! We are staying in an Owners Suite on the Oct 2 sailing and you pictures of the suite have my mouth watering! The only time I've seen any pictures are the ones on the RCCL website and your pictures are soooo much better! Thanks for getting me ready to experience the ship!

Hello

I was also on this 1 night cruise and also had a wonderful time, and would fully agree, the ship is gorgeous. Things others might find helpful:

1) we went in the night before and stayed at the Sheraton Society Hill. We were really pleased with this hotel, which is in the Olde Town section of Philly. We were able to walk to the Liberty Bell and there is a lot of boutique shopping around (although everything was closed since it was Sunday night).

2) We ate at a restaurant across the street from the Sheraton Society Hill called Sfizzios (I think). It was pouring rain and we wanted somewhere where we could dress casually. Food was Italian with seafood as well. Was delicious, but kind of pricey. The famous 'Bookbinders' restaurant is right out the back of the hotel, but since we didn't feel like dressing up we didn't go there.

3) Taxi from airport to the Sheraton Society Hill was $25 pre tip. They also had shuttles available at ground transportation for $8/person. The taxi from the hotel to the pier was a very short ride and was $14.60 before taxes.

4) The Philly cruise terminal is -- interesting -- in a very old building. Nothing really 'wrong' with it, just different than the slick RCCL terminals I have been in previously.

5) The ship looks simply gorgeous. I was especially impressed with how beautiful the Orpheus theater was. It has been done in a deep green and gold theme and I think it is the most beautiful of all of the RCCL ships I have been on.

6) It was opressively hot and since the pools were closed and being worked on, and the ship was really not too full (I guess 1/4 full at most?) the pool decks were pretty empty all day. The solarium pool was open but seemed to be 2 feet short of being full, but people were in it anyway.

7) We didn't see anyone bungee but I have included photos in my photos link below. HINT: you must have SOCKS to bungee. They require this because the bungee surface gets very hot in the sun. We had a hard time locating the bungees but they are on 9 behind the Viking Crown - right on the edge of the ship! It did look fun, though!

8) On a side note, this was the first time we had flown Southwest, and found their 'A, B, C' methodology of loading passengers interesting. People started lining hour 45 minutes to a hour before the plane even arrived. My husband I really didn't care if we sat together or not, so we had no inclination to join the lines!

9) The water all around the Philly Cruise port seemed really dirty, lots of giant logs, and debris. My husband surmised that this was because of the heavy rain.

10) Not that it matters, but while in port at Philly, planes fly over constantly at very low altitudes above the ship because the airport is so close.

I have posted about 80 photos that we took during this 1 day preview cruise. You can view them here! There are also a couple of pics of our room at the Sheraton Society Hill.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=1cr2y6.aclwyxkb&x=0&y=-f7tgff

ps. I think I got the location of the bungees wrong, I don't think it is behind Viking Crown, but on the opposite end of the outdoor deck. It's up there somewhere!

Coolshop was right...The Jump Zone was were the Observation deck used to be...at the very front of the ship...

Very, very impressive pics, Coolshop !

Radio

;) ;)

Coolshop was right...The Jump Zone was were the Observation deck used to be...at the very front of the ship...

Very, very impressive pics, Coolshop !

Radio

;) ;)

Hi Radio,

Thanks! I also thought I should mention that we experienced no toilet problems whatsoever, anywhere.

Heard today from some of the crew that the pool deck can be chilly, but the sun is still really strong. Be sure to cover up even when it doesn't feel hot. Also, it takes about 5 hours to reach the end of the Delaware River when sailing from Philly.

Great post, coolshop. Many thanks. Now, just a few tweaks from a proud Philadelphian.....

1) we went in the night before and stayed at the Sheraton Society Hill. We were really pleased with this hotel, which is in the Olde Town section of Philly.

Olde CITY, not town
2) We ate at a restaurant across the street from the Sheraton Society Hill called Sfizzios (I think).
Sfuzzi's

3) Taxi from airport to the Sheraton Society Hill was $25 pre tip. They also had shuttles available at ground transportation for $8/person. The taxi from the hotel to the pier was a very short ride and was $14.60 before taxes.
I think you mean BEFORE TIP again, not taxes. Taxes are included on the meter.

4) The Philly cruise terminal is -- interesting -- in a very old building. Nothing really 'wrong' with it, just different than the slick RCCL terminals I have been in previously.
But they're actually talking about upgrades, if this steady stream of cruise ships keeps coming! (and, it *is* a very historical building..........http://www.cruisephilly.com/pages/visitors/expect.html
9) The water all around the Philly Cruise port seemed really dirty, lots of giant logs, and debris. My husband surmised that this was because of the heavy rain.
Yeah, what sueinphilly said. :D

10) Not that it matters, but while in port at Philly, planes fly over constantly at very low altitudes above the ship because the airport is so close.
Yes, if you fly in on Sunday morning for your cruise, you'll probably fly right over and be able to look down on YOUR cruise ship as you come in for a landing!

Carol

8) On a side note, this was the first time we had flown Southwest, and found their 'A, B, C' methodology of loading passengers interesting. People started lining hour 45 minutes to a hour before the plane even arrived. My husband I really didn't care if we sat together or not, so we had no inclination to join the lines!

cooshop ~ I just booked with Southwest to fly into Providence for my Enchantment Sept. cruise.

I have never flown SW before...booked with them because other airlines couldn't beat their price.

So what is this "A, B, C methodology"? If I want a window seat in the front of the plane how early do you suggest I get to the airport and check in with my luggage?

Thanks for any info!

Philadelphia Musicians?!?!?!?!?! Dem's MUMMERS, babeeeeee! ;)

Thanks Merion_Mom...I changed the caption...

They were very good.....Bot they had to be very HOT out there in 95f :mad:

Radio

;) ;)

Archived