Recent Rum Runners

cruiselegs

I'm going to be cruz'n on the Epic out of Miami....been looking for recent post ings of successful or for the matter unsucessful attempts of using Rum Runners. Everything I have found on the subject is dated.

is last October too dated??? used with no problem

I'm going to be cruz'n on the Epic out of Miami....been looking for recent post ings of successful or for the matter unsucessful attempts of using Rum Runners. Everything I have found on the subject is dated.

Welcome to Cruise Critic cruiselegs:)

If you wish to smuggle go ahead, but don't expect too many here to give you step by step directions. Smuggling is a touchy subject and often the moderators will delete the thread.

IMO smuggling isn't worth the effort. Check out NCL's UBP

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Ultimate-Beverage-Package10242013.pdf

November 2013 - Tampa

4 people tried, one got caught. And...his luggage was opened without him there and the RR were confiscated, with an NCL note left inside. I have not heard of them opening luggage without you before.

November 2013 - Tampa

4 people tried, one got caught. And...his luggage was opened without him there and the RR were confiscated, with an NCL note left inside. I have not heard of them opening luggage without you before.

That just happened to my friend on the Pearl. Took it and left a note it was disposed of. I never heard of that either!!!!

Hypothetically I could have a 'friend' who packed 2 in separate suitcases and my 'friend' said they made it just fine. This was just on the Star in December. For the record, she could have paid corkage on 10 bottles of wine but they were packed so well NCL took her word for it and passed along the stickers. Who knows what else may have been in the bag??

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

November 2013 - Tampa

That just happened to my friend on the Pearl. Took it and left a note it was disposed of. I never heard of that either!!!!

Excuse me Mr Hotel Director - what happened to the roll of $100 bills I left on top of my clothes?

Excuse me Mr Hotel Director - what happened to the roll of $100 bills I left on top of my clothes?

The cruise line is not the TSA, you may and should lock your luggage!! Hell even the TSA allows to use TSA issue locks! If you don't lock luggage don't be surprised if something goes missing. However if they catch the booze you will have to go remove it yourself.

I don't know that much about NCL but I took a Carnival cruise a few years ago and they were more concerned about

my weapons of mass destruction (Swiss Army Knife w/corkscrew) than the 3 liters of booze I smuggled - go figure !

Fortunately the corkscrew was not needed to open the hard hooch and I did get it back at the end of the cruise.

I have seen Shampbooze on the Amazon website...... may be an option. I plan to just bring a couple of bottles of wine and pay the corkage fee....... still come out better than the prices onboard..... 24 bucks for tisdale skunk wine?????? no thanks NCL! I do however like Sutter Home :)