New ship??? Can it be done?

norcalemt02

I have never been on a Disney cruise ship but have to disneyland but I was wondering if there ever going to build any new ships. And can it be done making a Main Street USA that spans then length of the ship. center of the ship like royal Caribbean's Royal Promomade?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Do you mean is DCL every going to build new ships? They just built 2, and there are rumors about more. If they can fill the ones they have, logically they will expand the fleet.

What a new ship will look like...my guess is that they will not try to duplicate a ship owned by another line as DCL believes their designs and experiences are superior for their target audience.

At least based on statements in shareholder reports, etc, I wouldn't expect a new build anytime soon. If I had to guess, the next up will be a refit for the Wonder to bring her in line with the newer features on the Magic.

I don't see Disney ever building a mega ship, and never basing it on the parks as they prefer separate theming. Of course, as management eventually changes so can plans...

the next "big' plan is definitely a retrofit of the Wonder. It has been delayed due to the delay in enlarging the Panama Canal. When originally built, the Magic and Wonder cleared the max size allowed in the canal by 1 inch. With the retrofit of the Magic, she is now too big (due to the duck tail at the stern). They will do a small dry dock on the Wonder instead of the planned retrofit, and delay the big changes until the canal is completed.