Order Friday Night Challah & Wine

STUR

We will be on the Fantasy on the last night of our cruise Friday Night Shabbat Can we pre order a Challah for our table & Manishevitz or Kedem sweet wine so as to make Kiddush @ our Table[/size][/b]

[/size][/b]

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Edited by Host Mick

First, font size please...

Second, I do not beleive there are currently any kosher wines on the Disney wine list. That said, you can certainly bring your own on board in Carry on to resolve that issue and given the circumstances, they may even waive corkage.

As far as Challah, not sure. I do know they do not have kosher food preparation areas on board. Kosher meals are pre-packed, like in Disney world. So if you want Kosher Challah you will need to identify if its in the package. If Kosher challah is not a concern (I doubt that give your ine selections), a request to the pastry chef would be sufficient.

We will be on the Fantasy on the last night of our cruise Friday Night Shabbat Can we pre order a Challah for our table & Manishevitz or Kedem sweet wine so as to make Kiddush @ our Table

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

On major holidays, DCL makes every effort to have an appropriate rabbi, priest, or other appropriate officiant available for most faiths. On "regular" days, space is made available on Friday evenings for a "make your own" Jewish service and on Sunday mornings for a non-denominational Christian service. Check Navigator for time and location. They provide the space and basically a CM to assure that things are as they need to be. Those who show up arrange and do their own thing.

If, by chance, there is a qualified person on board who offers to provide services, this offer is accepted and the times are noted in the Navigator.

We cruised at Chanukah and the rabbi that DCL arranged had nightly services...again noted in the Navigator.

As to wine--bring your own in your carry on. Kosher food as noted above. Um...unless you have requested a "dine alone" table, you might consider briefing your table mates in advance so that they can choose to participate, observe, or absent themselves as they feel comfortable.

We have tried going to Friday night services a few times, and always been the only family there. On our Med cruise last summer, there were prayer books and challah set up in the piano lounge. There may have been grape juice, but I am sure there was not wine. (However, if we had wanted wine, we could have ordered something at the bar, though not necessarily kosher wine -- we didn't check.)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I didn't attend on my last Disney cruise, so I don't know what was offered. However, I did cruise with Princess one year over Chanukah, so we went on the Friday night as well. There was actually a decent group of us on board. Each night, we had latkes, challah, and Manischewitz.