Considering my first suite on Crown Princess. NEED ADVICE PLEASE!

Dreamer333

I've only done balcony cabins aboard Princess, but I'm considering taking the leap into a suite on the Crown. But there are so many different suite types!

Can you guys please give me your opinions?

And... is it worth it to pay twice as much to upgrade to a suite, or should I stick to my balcony cabin?

I've only done balcony cabins aboard Princess, but I'm considering taking the leap into a suite on the Crown. But there are so many different suite types!

Can you guys please give me your opinions?

And... is it worth it to pay twice as much to upgrade to a suite, or should I stick to my balcony cabin?

Because of noise issues in the Riviera deck suites (400's) from above pool deck and chair dragging at all hours I would try and steer clear of those.

If you can get a great deal by all means take a suite.

One more question... Are the suite perks the same regardless of which suite I book?

Full Suites are to die for. They spoil you so quick that you never want the cruise to end. One of the best perks is "Breakfast at Sabatini's", as it is so layed back for enjoying a leisurely breakfast. You are never rushed.

Next is the fresh fruit basket that is delivered to the room and of course don't forget the "Chocolate covered strawberries" that arrive every afternoon around 4:00 to 5:00. Wow! As my wife says, "Try it you'll like it!"

Full Suites are to die for. They spoil you so quick that you never want the cruise to end. One of the best perks is "Breakfast at Sabatini's", as it is so layed back for enjoying a leisurely breakfast. You are never rushed.

Next is the fresh fruit basket that is delivered to the room and of course don't forget the "Chocolate covered strawberries" that arrive every afternoon around 4:00 to 5:00. Wow! As my wife says, "Try it you'll like it!"

We have our first suite booked on the Coral in March. I sometimes question if I should have gotten a balcony, then I read posts like this, and question no more.

Thank you!!

Do not make the assumption that a mini-suite is just another kind of suite. It is not. You get more room than a balcony but no suite privileges.

Full suites seldom see reduced prices, but it is not unusual for people in mini-suites to be offered upsells at reasonable rates. You just have to get lucky.

We had an Aft suite on the Crown on Emerald deck, right over Club Fusion.

Liked it so much we booked the same cabin on the Caribbean Princess this winter.

It's a lot of money but it makes the cruise so nice, we'd do it again.

Oh wait, we ARE doing it again. Window Suite in the spring...

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Full Suites on the Crown have names. We have had the Isla Margarita and the Grand Cayman both on the Aft of the ship on the Aloha Deck. They are both below the Rear Adult pool but NO Noise from the pool. Also no Soot or odors. Just nice smooth sailing and resting! It is a quick elevator ride up to Sabatini's for Breakfast. Enjoy it and you will get spoiled.

Is there anyone who can tell me the difference between the suites?

There are some variations in lay-out, but I'd say the main differences are location and square footage. You can do a dummy booking to see the square footage of the room and balcony listed separately so you can see that some have larger balconies if that is important to you.

Others have already mentioned that noise from decks above can be a concern in the Penthouse Suites on Riviera deck. Others have mentioned vibration in the aft suites. I think the only ones would I would not book are the ones all the way forward on Lido deck. These have a strange configuration - divided into two small rooms - and the bathroom is the same as in a mini-suite - no marble, no double vanity, no separate shower. Nothing special. You still get the suite perks, but that would not justify the price for me.

I think the only ones would I would not book are the ones all the way forward on Lido deck. These have a strange configuration - divided into two small rooms - and the bathroom is the same as in a mini-suite - no marble, no double vanity, no separate shower. Nothing special. You still get the suite perks, but that would not justify the price for me.

Thank you! This is VERY helpful! I'm excited/nervous about booking my first suite, so this type of info is soooo appreciated!

We took a cool weather cruise and booked a Window Suite - really loved it! Great layout, 2 huge windows, fabulous bathroom, tons of storage and those sweet suite perks! These are considered full suites, but because they don't have a balcony they are much, much cheaper than the other suites. We paid $200pp less than a minisuite. It was a great deal and we booked one again for next October. Only 3 or 4 ships have these cabins though.

We took a cool weather cruise and booked a Window Suite - really loved it! Great layout, 2 huge windows, fabulous bathroom, tons of storage and those sweet suite perks! These are considered full suites, but because they don't have a balcony they are much, much cheaper than the other suites. We paid $200pp less than a minisuite. It was a great deal and we booked one again for next October. Only 3 or 4 ships have these cabins though.

There are suites that don't have balconies?????

We have sailed in aft suites on the Ruby, Crown and Emerald. They are our favorites. The two Owner's Suites on Aloha are the most spacious and our favorites. If we can't book those, we would choose the VS suites on Dolphin. They are aft corner suites and very nice. We have had a PH on Riviera and didn't really like it because the balcony is very narrow. We didn't hear a lot of noise in that cabin (perhaps because it was a transatlantic and there weren't lots of pool events). I was able to see a suite next to our Owners suite on one of our cruises (we were in A753 and we saw A751 - I think that was it) and we thought that was nice too, but we prefer the corner suites. If you book a suite, I think you will enjoy it. Breakfast at Sabatinis is lovely and having laundry services is wonderful. Those are the only 2 perks that make it worth it to us.

We have sailed in aft suites on the Ruby, Crown and Emerald. They are our favorites. The two Owner's Suites on Aloha are the most spacious and our favorites. If we can't book those, we would choose the VS suites on Dolphin. They are aft corner suites and very nice. We have had a PH on Riviera and didn't really like it because the balcony is very narrow. We didn't hear a lot of noise in that cabin (perhaps because it was a transatlantic and there weren't lots of pool events). I was able to see a suite next to our Owners suite on one of our cruises (we were in A753 and we saw A751 - I think that was it) and we thought that was nice too, but we prefer the corner suites. If you book a suite, I think you will enjoy it. Breakfast at Sabatinis is lovely and having laundry services is wonderful. Those are the only 2 perks that make it worth it to us.

Thank you for the info!

While we have not had a suite on the Crown, yet, but we have had a full suite (Cat. S4/PH) on the Caribe decks on the Sapphire, Star, Golden & Coral. Love the fact that on these ships, the Caribe decks some of the largest balconies and are partially covered (in case it rains). We are booked in another full suite on the Grand this October for a 15-night Hawaiian Island return out of Vancouver, BC for our 30th anniversary. We also love the free laundry service full suite perk too!

Enjoy your full suite!

Paul

Edited by cruisincdns

That is absolutely crazy! In that case, I'd much rather have a balcony than a suite!!!!

Well, that's your choice. Some people can't afford a balcony suite but can still have the suite perks for what they can afford. And in cool weather when a balcony isn't utilized as much, it's a wonderful room.

Except for the time we had the Window Suite, we always book minisuites which offer much more room and a big tub compared to a balcony room.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Full Suites are to die for. They spoil you so quick that you never want the cruise to end.

I have a question - how much extra do you pay per day to get the "free" fruit and the "free" strawberries. Also, how much do you save with the "free" laundry service that was in another post. One can only need so much "free" laundry on a cruise.

DON

Edited by donaldsc