Beverage package, is it worth it?

molly5673

Last year on our cruise we took the premium package and it was a terrible disappointment. I ended spending extra money. Specialty coffees were not covered at Starbucks and MDR. House wine was the only wine included and any drinks with top shelf liquor was not included as well. Plus soda and water were not included either. Any cocktail that had premium liquor such as patron was not included . So I ended spending a lot extra . I have looked at the list online and it looks like the premium does not include the patron cocktails either. However it does not say what is covered in the Ultimate on the list.

So whats the difference with the Premium and Ultimate? When I was looking on the web site it includes premium coffee (it doesn't say that Starbucks is not included ) also sparkling water but it does not give the list of upgrades for the liquor on the ultimate so I am not sure what is not included with the ultimate . I tried e-mailing royal caribbean but I haven't heard back from them.

Here is my take on the package. I rarely drink when I go out because I am usually the designated driver. Traveled Allure on dec. 15th and bought the ultimate package. I love coffee but didn't get my money's worth on that..a couple espressos and was fine with the regular coffee the rest of the time. Didn't have one juice.

Alcohol... I loved having the flexibility of trying whatever drink I wanted and not have it feel like a waste of money if I didn't drink it. I feel as if I made out. I do have all my slips to figure it out at some point. I never felt as if I overdid the drinking as it was spread out over the day.

Loved having the bottled water...drank 8-10 bottles a day. On Allure they serve Crystal Geyser water not Evan with the package.

I probably wouldn't have drank as much as I did without the package but I found the convenience well worth the price. Next time, I would probably choose the premium and save the extra $10 per day...the difference of the ultimate.

As a few people have said, you cannot use the package with room service or bottles in the fridge. Not a problem, just bring a cocktail back to your room with you.

I did not have any wait time for drinks. Once the bartenders knew me they would get my drink run my card. They always knew I wanted a bottle of water so they just ran the card a second time having two transactions. This was also the same if I wanted a cocktail and a shot.

In the end, it is a personal preference.

Like I said in the previous post we had the Premium package last year and it was not worth it because of the exclusions, such as water, premium coffees , soda at the free flow soda machine and top shelf liquor. When we ordered a drink with top shelf liquor they stated it was not included and we had to pay full price for the drink, it wasn't discounted at all. This year it looks somewhat more inclusive but I am still not sure because both my DH and I like to have martinis with the patron and last year they weren't included. Other top shelf liquors last year weren't included such as St Germaine, wines that were not house. Plus soda wasn't included either. I wasn't able to cancel out of the package either last year , I definitely felt like I was being nickled and dimed and didn't get my moneys worth.

This year it looks better but I am afraid I am going to run in the same situation last year.

Like only this water is included not the Pellegrino, that martini is not included etc.

I would definitely get the ultimate package if top shelf liquor was included and Starbucks coffee, but looking at the fine print on the brochure on the website it wasn't clear it said "Top Shelf" that could only include some things, not Belvedere, etc..

Like I said in the previous post we had the Premium package last year and it was not worth it because of the exclusions, such as water, premium coffees , soda at the free flow soda machine and top shelf liquor. When we ordered a drink with top shelf liquor they stated it was not included and we had to pay full price for the drink, it wasn't discounted at all. This year it looks somewhat more inclusive but I am still not sure because both my DH and I like to have martinis with the patron and last year they weren't included. Other top shelf liquors last year weren't included such as St Germaine, wines that were not house. Plus soda wasn't included either. I wasn't able to cancel out of the package either last year , I definitely felt like I was being nickled and dimed and didn't get my moneys worth.

This year it looks better but I am afraid I am going to run in the same situation last year.

Like only this water is included not the Pellegrino, that martini is not included etc.

I would definitely get the ultimate package if top shelf liquor was included and Starbucks coffee, but looking at the fine print on the brochure on the website it wasn't clear it said "Top Shelf" that could only include some things, not Belvedere, etc..

What alcoholic drinks weren't included??

I had the premium package on Majesty last year and I was able to get anything in the bar menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had issues with a majority cocktails that included patron martinis and the speciality drinks even though they were less than 10 dollars. They didn't have the special glass with it either. Also certain beers were excluded as well and my husband is not a bud light drinker. St germaine elderflower liquor was not included either. Thats why I want to bring a list and show it to the bartender. I have been hearing from other people that they have been having the same issues, red bull and vodka etc. I guess that is why we need a list because some bartenders give you a hassle about what's not included, even though the list doesn't specify what's not included. We need a clarification of what is not included.

I know there are a million posts about this but I can't seem to get a clear answer.

I'm not a soda drinker, but the soda, (diet & regular) from the can always tastes better than what you get from the fountain wand. You can't get a soda package for can soda.

We just stick to the soda package.

We enjoy a few drinks before dinner in the CL

If we want a drink at dinner or a show we just buy it. Most of the time we dont.

Between the two of us our booze purchase has always been less than $100 dollars for the whole cruise.

Sea Ya

Lioness???? Should be kittycat drinking milk with cookies. Come on.......are you kidding me? Lighten up....it's vacation......let loose you little minx. meeeowwwww....

We just came off the liberty today and bought the drink package that included sodas and bar drinks. Totally not worth the money. My husband bought my drinks using the package on his card. We didn't come anywhere near the total cost. The bars were always packed and the waits were long especially during the afternoon. They don't have the automatic soda machines like we've seen on other ships. We had to stand in line for pop refills at the bar. We drank more than we normally would have because we were trying to get our money's worth. Unless you are a big drinker I would not recommend it.

We just came off the liberty today and bought the drink package that included sodas and bar drinks. Totally not worth the money. My husband bought my drinks using the package on his card. We didn't come anywhere near the total cost. The bars were always packed and the waits were long especially during the afternoon. They don't have the automatic soda machines like we've seen on other ships. We had to stand in line for pop refills at the bar. We drank more than we normally would have because we were trying to get our money's worth. Unless you are a big drinker I would not recommend it.

Shared the package, huh? This oughta be fun to follow.:rolleyes:

Anyone tell me what drinks are offered free on the ship? Just tap water?

Like others have said, lemonade--which is what I mainly drank; milk, juices. I didn't get the soda package my second cruise and was quite happy. And saved a lot of money!

Probably also tea and coffee, but I didn't drink those.

Edited by moposh

For me the pp Premium package was totally worth it. I figured that I would have to pay for the pop package anyway and I got $100 OBC. Once I deducted those amounts I only had to drink 4 to 5 drinks a day to make it worth it. A couple of days I might not have made it. But most days I did more. Plus I could get bottled water when I wanted. I liked being able to drink a couple or three in the night club each night and some around the pool and then one at dinner. I had a couple of drinks that I wanted to try and I didn't like them. So I didn't feel I was out any money on the yucky drinks.

If we were all night dancing people it wouldn't have been worth it to me. I would do it again as long as I had OBC to help pay for it.