Beverage package, is it worth it?

molly5673

We had issues with a majority cocktails that included patron martinis and the speciality drinks even though they were less than 10 dollars. They didn't have the special glass with it either. Also certain beers were excluded as well and my husband is not a bud light drinker. St germaine elderflower liquor was not included either. Thats why I want to bring a list and show it to the bartender. I have been hearing from other people that they have been having the same issues, red bull and vodka etc. I guess that is why we need a list because some bartenders give you a hassle about what's not included, even though the list doesn't specify what's not included. We need a clarification of what is not included.

From what I am reading this is a real concern. This will be our first time using the package. If you read RCCL's website they say any drink on their menu under 10$. I only saw (at a quick glance) 1 specialty martini that was 10.25. One Margarita also. Wonder if they have a list when you sign up the package.

From what I am reading this is a real concern. This will be our first time using the package. If you read RCCL's website they say any drink on their menu under 10$. I only saw (at a quick glance) 1 specialty martini that was 10.25. One Margarita also. Wonder if they have a list when you sign up the package.

I was on the majesty and all the drinks in the bar menu were included except the Fosters beer. I'm sure this is different on each cruise depending on the bartender.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

From the brochure:

Package does not include room service or in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items, Evian water, canned sodas, bottled juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages.

And from a RCCL Q&A a while back (not the current package but probably still valid):

The beers excluded from our classic and premium packages are: Foster’s, Grolsch, Sam Adams Double Bock, Chimay Blue and Sam Adams Imperial White. Our whiskey’s included in our Premium Drink Package are: Wakefield, Canadian Club, Seagram’s VO, Jameson, Crown Royal, Crown Royal Reserve and Jack Daniel’s. Additionally, we also have Crown Royal Extra Rare and WistlePig Straight Rye onboard but they are not available in our Premium Liquor Package

Surprised Foster's is excluded, hardly speciality beer...

Edited by podgeandrodge

I've seen the posted bar drink menus, but I don't see what I drink listed. Just thought I would ask on the off chance anybody has seen Wild Turkey American Honey on the Oasis? If not, were there any honey-flavored liquers/whiskeys (maybe Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey)? Thanks in advance, although I suspect I already know the answer.

Edited to say: Oops. I meant to start a new thread for this, but it does figure into whether the package would be worth it to me, LOL. I didn't mean to hijack.

wildturkey_americanhoney175__94559.1380304754_1280_1280.jpg.7f9132a35198d0d1081ee3d3a5dcf7cc.jpg

Edited by CruzCrazy

Last year on our cruise we took the premium package and it was a terrible disappointment. I ended spending extra money. Specialty coffees were not covered at Starbucks and MDR. House wine was the only wine included and any drinks with top shelf liquor was not included as well. Plus soda and water were not included either. Any cocktail that had premium liquor such as patron was not included . So I ended spending a lot extra . I have looked at the list online and it looks like the premium does not include the patron cocktails either. However it does not say what is covered in the Ultimate on the list.

So whats the difference with the Premium and Ultimate? When I was looking on the web site it includes premium coffee (it doesn't say that Starbucks is not included ) also sparkling water but it does not give the list of upgrades for the liquor on the ultimate so I am not sure what is not included with the ultimate . I tried e-mailing royal caribbean but I haven't heard back from them.

How top shelf are you talking? I think there were maybe a dozen liquors not included. Things like Pyrat X and Johnny Walker Blue...like super premium alcohol that's usually sipped etc. Everything I wanted and more was included.

How top shelf are you talking? I think there were maybe a dozen liquors not included. Things like Pyrat X and Johnny Walker Blue...like super premium alcohol that's usually sipped etc. Everything I wanted and more was included.

Yea I agree! I opened the bar menu and tried several drinks which were all included. I drank mostly long islands and grey goose and cranberry!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Would be nice if RCCL produced something saying exactly what was EXCLUDED from the ultimate package - they say "virtually unlimited" - so what's excluded?:p
It's very simple....wine that is over 12.00, mixed drinks that are over 10.00, beers that have an asterisk and canned sodas.

I had no trouble getting any drink I ordered with my premium package.

I ordered patron margaritas, various martinis, crown & coke, mai tais, mimosas and bellinis. I was prepared to pay for anything over $10, but was never charged.

It was nice to try new drinks that I would not have tried otherwise. :p

It's very simple....wine that is over 12.00, mixed drinks that are over 10.00, beers that have an asterisk and canned sodas.

Yes, I had posted subsequently to the post you quoted - there are other exclusions as well:

From the brochure:

Package does not include room service or in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items, Evian water, canned sodas, bottled juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages.

And from a RCCL Q&A a while back (not the current package but probably still valid):

The beers excluded from our classic and premium packages are: Foster’s, Grolsch, Sam Adams Double Bock, Chimay Blue and Sam Adams Imperial White. Our whiskey’s included in our Premium Drink Package are: Wakefield, Canadian Club, Seagram’s VO, Jameson, Crown Royal, Crown Royal Reserve and Jack Daniel’s. Additionally, we also have Crown Royal Extra Rare and WistlePig Straight Rye onboard but they are not available in our Premium Liquor Package

Surprised Foster's is excluded, hardly speciality beer...

The list above may be easier for readers on here than the "beers that have an asterix" you refer to which I have not got to hand but would like posted if anyone has it.

Edited by podgeandrodge

I've seen the posted bar drink menus, but I don't see what I drink listed. Just thought I would ask on the off chance anybody has seen Wild Turkey American Honey on the Oasis? If not, were there any honey-flavored liquers/whiskeys (maybe Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey)? Thanks in advance, although I suspect I already know the answer.

Edited to say: Oops. I meant to start a new thread for this, but it does figure into whether the package would be worth it to me, LOL. I didn't mean to hijack.

I think the Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey is in the bars and in the gift shop.

If it is so simple why are there countless threads about this subject and why is this one 10 pages long?

1. Not everyone knows about the search feature to seek out answers to questions that have been previously answered multiple times

2. If you call a CSR at RCI or Celebrity or Carnival about their respective drink packages, you'll get different answers each time you call.

3. Combine the above with second and third hand information on these boards that is sometimes correct and often incorrect and you just add to the confusion.

A. You dring a lot

B. You have start no later that noon everyday to make your quota.

C. You should be no older than 50.

D. You have to have a very strong liver.

E. You probably should have doctors check-up before leaving.

D. I tried it and it wasnt pretty...............

A. You dring a lot

Before noon???

I'm not in college anymore!!!

Disagree about under 50. Quite a few of us were over 50 and we did our damage to the package.

Also, disagree about starting before noon. If you dance the night away each night until 2:30 or 3:00 there was no problem. And not once did I get drunk.

I am not a drinker at home. An occasional beer. But love the frozen alcohol drinks on board ship. I am pretty cheap so tend to not buy them if spending cash. I budgeted and had the money saved to get the package and love it.

Disagree about under 50. Quite a few of us were over 50 and we did our damage to the package.

Also, disagree about starting before noon. If you dance the night away each night until 2:30 or 3:00 there was no problem. And not once did I get drunk.

I am not a drinker at home. An occasional beer. But love the frozen alcohol drinks on board ship. I am pretty cheap so tend to not buy them if spending cash. I budgeted and had the money saved to get the package and love it.

I definitely agree with you on the convenience/novelty factor of the package. It will be nice to not worry about whether I can afford another drink or feeling "forced" to finish a drink that is not to my taste.

As far as starting before noon, I typically will have 1-2 bottles of water and 2-3 DC's (Diet Cokes) before noon on a normal day. That is about $15 before noon and before my first alcoholic drink. I will probably throw in a bellini/mimosa as well most mornings. I may be at $22 before I even hit the pool or lunch.

Edited by jahannah

A. You dring a lot

Nope. You can drink more expensive things. Not all of us want a bucket of Bud Lite by the pool.

Nope. You can also stay up late.

??

Really? Because you don't have to drink just alcohol. There are a LOT of other options to add in.

??

I bet that's true. Meanwhile, I'll have some fresh-squeezed orange juice at breakfast, some flavored water when I work out, a soda with my lunch, some frozen drinks & more water/soda in the afternoon, a few glasses of really nice wine with dinner, maybe another frozen drink during the show, maybe a margarita after the show while people-watching. Then lots more water before I go to bed. Possibly a fancy coffee beverage or two. I'll more than exceed the value of my package, and even if I don't do it every day of my trip (it's not a competition to 'get one over' on the cruise line) the convenience makes it more than worth it to me, to know I can order whatever I want and if I don't like it, I can get something else. And no bar tab waiting for me before I leave the ship.

So no, it's not about being an alcoholic, it's about getting significant value and convenience to enhance your trip. Each person has to decide for themselves if it's worth it, for me, the answer is yes.