Falmouth to Drs Cave - what's best transport?

KOOLBEANS

HI all,

Is there a transport or shuttle to go from Falmouth port to Drs Cave with roundtrip service?

How much would a taxi (red plate) charge?

Would rather go with other ppl instead of just the 2 of us, any advice is appreciated. Oh, and how long would it take to get there say one way?

Kelly

We are also looking for a beach day out of Falmouth port. Beach, swimming, snorkeling off sandy beach, lunch, bar, reggae music

I'll have a motorized scooter but won't be bringing it so my walking ability is limited, dh & DS too..

I think it stated ire beach? Suggestions

We were docked in Falmouth last week. We went to Montego Bay to Dr. Cave's beach. We did not pre book transportation. The taxi vans are in the gated port area at the very end on the right hand side. The cost is $20 per person round trip. Individual taxis are very expensive. The ride is 30 min. The guide described the area on the way to the beach. She dropped us off at the entrance to Dr. Cave's and told us to all meet back at 3:00. We had to pay for the trip upfront. The fee for the beach is $6 per person. Lounge chairs/umbrellas are extra. It is a nice beach with restrooms, showers, food, Wi-Fi, snorkeling, lifeguards, water trampolines. My husband snorkeled but saw very few fish - some coral. It is a private beach - so no outside people selling stuff. At around 1:00 we left (they stamp your hand to re-enter) and walked along the Hip Strip a couple of blocks to Don Way to eat jerk chicken. We shared a huge plate of chicken, cole slaw, rice and beans for $8. It was very good. Everyone meet back at 3 to take us back to the ship. It was very easy. We then had time to look around the port shops before leaving port.

I had looked at pre booking transport and it was the same but you had to give a deposit. They had plenty of taxi vans lined up. We were on the Serenade with Oasis in port and did not have any trouble.

There is a front seat in the van which would be easiest for mobility. There is covered eating area to sit. The beach may be harder to access with mobility issues. There are shade trees on the beach. We did not rent a chair or an umbrella. We only took two towels. Should've taken three - one to dry off with. Nice beach. We are glad we went. RCI Red Stripe beach was $28 each. We were able to see more of Jamaica and we have never been to Mo Bay.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Does anyone recall which side the RCI ships dock at port in Falmouth? We're on port side this time and wondered if we'll look at the port or the water. Thanks!

Edited by geoblond

Hi all. Does anyone recall which side the RCI ships dock at port in Falmouth? We're on port side this time and wondered if we'll look at the port or the water. Thanks!

When we were there on Allure, port side was looking at the water.